• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Supersavages Losi 5ive B

supersavage

I've decided that it would be best to put the pipe up for sale as it dawned on me that the Boosterpipe might not be BRCA legal. I'm hoping to get a Samba at some point though I don't know whether it'll be in time for the Losi weekend at Nene, I still intend on going but my buggy might not be ready to run. 

Decided I'd try to make this Boosterpipe work for the time being as the Losi weekend is next week I think, that is if it'll happen due to the weather as it wouldn't surprise me if the track maybe under water and I'd be better off with a boat. 

yAILXSu.jpg

Everything's been thread locked and the only thing I need to do is decide whether to fit the engine guard thing. 

Edited by supersavage
  • Thanks 1

Lol think I might have to start going to the gym. I was hoping to give it little go out the front mainly to set the trims up but it's all slushy and horrible so I gave that a miss today. I also have to say that the Boosterpipe actually sounds decent though I do need to work out how to stop it from melting my body. I'll get a picture later showing where the problem area is. 

Well ive had a look through my spares box and as i have 2 other back up engines you can keep that one as a gift. There was a small amount of play in the carb shaft so a new one wouldnt do any harm. Be ok for a coupe of meetings . If you see Ian Ask him to change it for you and ill sort him out :good:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Rover Man said:

Well ive had a look through my spares box and as i have 2 other back up engines you can keep that one as a gift. There was a small amount of play in the carb shaft so a new one wouldnt do any harm. Be ok for a coupe of meetings . If you see Ian Ask him to change it for you and ill sort him out :good:

Are you sure??? 

Thanks buddy :good:

Not sure how it would work on a painted shell but back in the day we used to warm the shell with a hot air gun and use a bottle to form a bubble in the shell to give clearance for the pipe.

Dont know how the paint would react though.

How about gluing some heat proof matting to the shell  

• Thanks 1

Warming the shell up and using something to form it with had crossed my mind but as you said I'm not sure what the paint would do. I do have some aluminium heat reflective tape that I'll be covering the shell in but I'm not sure if that would be enough where it touches the shell. If I can't think of anything I'll ask around at Nene as I need to work out how to get a suitable amount of airflow through it aswell. 

exhaust wrap the hole thing ? I know it doesn't look nice but might do the job, and is the pull start really that close to the exhaust or just the angle of the picture 

Gave it a good 15mins or so drive out the front of my house and it drives very nice though I do think I'm lacking some steering but that might be the servo saver. Unfortunately the carb appears to have an air leak so I'll have to locate one somewhere. 

Gave it a good 15mins or so drive out the front of my house and it drives very nice though I do think I'm lacking some steering but that might be the servo saver. Unfortunately the carb appears to have an air leak so I'll have to locate one somewhere. 

It's just a thought supersavage. But I'd have thought wrapping the exhaust would create it's own problem in heating up the exhaust port from the engine. The heat cannot get away. Don't know how ceramic coating alters heat transfer and whether that would create heat soak to the engine too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That's why I need to create suitable airflow for it, not just to get fresh air in but let all the hot air out aswell. Trouble is I've seen so many ways of doing it on 5ive B Facebook page that I don't which will work best for me. I've had a pipe ceramic coated before and it does seem to help a little as well as help to prevent rust on the pipe.