• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Opinions / value of RR10 Bomber

sunny

Hi Guys,

Since buying my savage flux hp my slash 4x4 is not getting used and someone has offered to swap for RR10 Bomber in good used condition. Are they a good truck for woods/light crawling and are they worth about 300 used in good order? also reliability wise any major probs?

Imagine your wraith and yeti kinda having it jiggy, the bomber would be the offspring...

great on rocks though, i comped mine and it did do well.

is it the rtr or kit version? Kit version is the better one of the two.

Depends if it's the RTR or the kit, the kit is better because the shocks are better, it comes with universals and I believe the driveshafts are better too.

IMO, neither the Slash nor the Bomber would be worth £300 in used condition though, so I think it will come down to a point of do you want the Bomber more than the Slash?

Bomber is rtr version but fitted with alloy steering and alloy upper and lower links on front. Has the king shocks which I think are standard.

I have a decent 4x4 now for bashing (Flux HP) so slash probably wont be getting a lot of use.

Well they’re wraith (ar60) axles with different shock mounts so parts are there in their plenty, the rear end sway bar is taken from the yeti.

now it’s down to you to get the deal put together mate. :good:

GPM can be a little bit hit and miss, look to RCmart for the SSD ones, they aren't much more money from memory and are a bit more guaranteed in the strength department.

As Gaz said, some CVDs will also be a good idea, I've used most of the brands, Axial did last the longest but also the most expensive, I wouldn't touch Vanquish ones, they snap far too easily, I also like Fastrax ones, they have held up very well in my SCX10 currently.

The RTR shocks are still Kings, but plastic tops and stuff, so not as good as kit ones, Axial shocks have a bad habit of leaking, so that's something to keep in mind as well.