• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi1:6 Baja rey

Fly In My Soup

48 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Did I really write this? .....

I think the Traxxas looks miles better than the Losi!!

Hmmmhh!!

Al.

Thats not the actual Traxxas one that’s a full size truck, pic is just for attention lol 

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Thats not the actual Traxxas one that’s a full size truck, pic is just for attention lol 

Good spot!

Thought it looked pretty good!!

Al.

18 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Playing it safe, Order cancelled 

Good call that man, i'm expecting the Traxxas offering to be around the same price as the Losi plus the usual Traxxas premium % price hike, any bids higher than £950 anyone? 

10 minutes ago, Pistonhead said:

What’s the betting it’ll be the front end of an XMaxx chassis with a new rear suspension assembly 

Be handy for us X Maxx owners   :good: 

Interchangeable  parts is a bonus if this is the case and will probably seal the deal for me to be honest, be even better if it runs the same size battery trays  :good:

On 08/01/2018 at 16:19, autobutcher said:

Or a conversion kit for the Yeti? I do like the trophy truck style.

On 07/01/2018 at 22:52, Pistonhead said:

This might kick Axial up the arse to do a Yeti Score XL, which i want very badly to happen lol

Due to the axial brand being owned by hobbico... I doubt they'll be pushing much new out for a while

• 4 weeks later...

A bit dull, but worth watching if you're interested in these. 

Couple of things; can't believe they didn't use a new truck for a promo vid! It's covered in sand and scratches! Also, jump to approximately 5:50, what's going on with that shock adjustment collar? Looks very crooked to me! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Is it just me that thinks on jumps those battery plugs are going to be coming out a lot?

With a lot of potential for coming out by getting hit by rocks, twig, etc...?

Looks like a pretty stupid design for battery trays to me, that alone would put me off.

Almost identical to the Traxxas design? Who's going to sue who? :lol:

44 minutes ago, Tug said:

Almost identical to the Traxxas design? Who's going to sue who? :lol:

Traxxas is going for everyones throat it seems.

I'd forgotten that Hobbico owns Axial, so what the hell is going to happen to the future of this hobby if all we can buy is plastic fantastic Traxxas :unsure:

That's assuming they win, which given it'll be a yank court, they probably will!

Just now, Oh How Original said:

Traxxas is going for everyones throat it seems.

I'd forgotten that Hobbico owns Axial, so what the hell is going to happen to the future of this hobby if all we can buy is plastic fantastic Traxxas :unsure:

That's assuming they win, which given it'll be a yank court, they probably will!

This really is for another thread, but I can't see them shutting too many people down. Axial are a big brand, someone will buy them if Hobbico needs to raise funds, let's just hope it's not Traxxas. I like Traxxas products, just not their courtroom antics. 

I'd like the Rey, UDR and an ERBE 2.0, that'd be a nice year for me. Ain't gonna happen! :crying:

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

This really is for another thread, but I can't see them shutting too many people down. Axial are a big brand, someone will buy them if Hobbico needs to raise funds, let's just hope it's not Traxxas. I like Traxxas products, just not their courtroom antics. 

I'd like the Rey, UDR and an ERBE 2.0, that'd be a nice year for me. Ain't gonna happen! :crying:

Must admit, I'd like something fresh this year, but I think with a Bomber firmly in my radar, nothing else will be bought.

For me, I think it'd be another Yeti XL, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I should never have parted company with mine.

48 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Must admit, I'd like something fresh this year, but I think with a Bomber firmly in my radar, nothing else will be bought.

For me, I think it'd be another Yeti XL, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I should never have parted company with mine.

What does that mean? You did or didn't like the Yeti XL?

3 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Love it, regret selling it.

I meant if I get another 'bigger' RC this year after the Bomber, it'll likely be another YXL over this Losi or the Traxxas.

Gotcha. Didn't the XL have some issues? Anything major? 

14 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Cheesy wheel hexes, easily replaced with Pro-lines, nothing major really, the steering servo mount was a bit tight, but that's nit picking, that's about it.

Wasn't the rear diff vulnerable? 

(Best get back to topic).

I know some will say I can't be objective anymore, But this does look good, I will admit that the Traxxas has a little better scale look to it, But as of the moment the Losi is nearly 100 quid cheaper, It has a Hobbywing Combo which is brilliant, And it's bigger, And if I'm paying this sort of money, I want big.

The other thing that didn't warm me to the Traxxas was this FaceBook rip, Honestly, As he's moving it around, clipping and un-clipping stuff is sounds like someone putting there new Dyson hoover together,  Plastic is a great product in a RC car because it can flex, But the bigger it gets the more it flex's and creeks,  And it's got to the point with this that it's starting to sound like a plastic toy and not a model grade product.

@babylon, yeah, plastic has many advantages, but the right plastic has to be used in the right place. I feel more confident that Losi will produce the better product from these two newcomers, but time will tell. I'm hoping I can find the funds to get the new ERBE soon after release. As for the two SC newbies, I'll see what the medium term reviews are like, are they dogs (think Axial cage buggy thing) or the dogs danglies?