• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

30 dnb buggy thread

kenny_st

Out with the 30 north "Dyson" vacuum again last night lol and after just a few minutes running it's filling up with grass again (normally can't see the pull start cover for grass), in comparison my mates Losi 5b has almost zero grass in it, having to run it super rich to stop it over heating completely.Looks like I'll have to try meshing up the side holes in the front windows, think the throttle servos getting a bit hot as well as it stopped working last night but works fine today??   

DSC03337.JPG

Edited by swan
  • Like 1

Just like my buggy a couple of weekends ago, half a hay field inside.

Not had any issues with the throttle servo yet, although the steering has been a pain, hopefully sorted now.

Edited by QRC

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Shaunomercy said:

What mesh did you use ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dry wall tape, just went to have a tidy up of the workshop and found some, need to shoe goo the edges, was recommended by a 5ive B and YT,  RC MAXX uk.

On 05/07/2018 at 15:13, Shaunomercy said:

The top rear most vents ? Did they need mesh ? Did much debry get in there ? Does not that impede airflow out of shell ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have covered all vent, apart from the two by the pipe, then spread a liberal amount of shoo goo.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while, managed to go the diff oil changed, rear 10k and front 20k. Also shocks now have 25wt all round, all ready for good bash August 5th. ?

Edited by QRC

• 1 month later...

Wombling around the workshop this after, my rc spidy tingling told me that my buggy was not happy, quick investigation and 

a49Gpwd.jpg

11pEtUf.jpg

Luckily it’s only the crown gear, new one to be ordered with RCM tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well my buggys engine sucked in a load of dirt so flushed the crank case out, head looked ok so put a new piston and ring in with copper head gasket and took it out yesterday, seems to have got it's power back so all is good again. Throttle servo packed in so just stuck a stock losi 5 throttle servo in, took off the rear anti roll bar as our little track is getting very bumpy now, seem to have more rear end grip without it anyways and took off most of the body mesh as it wasn't really stopping any of the crap from getting in and seems to run cooler.

DSC03355.JPG

DSC03374.JPG

DSC03378.JPG

DSC03376.JPG

Edited by swan

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought myself a eairly 30th birthday present.7465b7dedaf2b5cdf1dd17981664ef9d.jpg
been out of the large scale scene since 2014 when I had a Mcd rrv4 but always have some sort of rc running my trusty hpi savage bash machine.
I was looking at the HPI Baja but I came across the 30dnb on YouTube and for the money ready to run it was hard to say no.
So far I’m very impressed with what I have seen on the net and having it out of the box in front of me i only have a few thing I would like to change.
1 the wheels look to narrow for the body
2 the throttle/brake servo and linkage moves a lot for my liking.
I haven’t ran it yet I’ve only fitted a kill switch and just finished the paint job. This is my first paint job other than single colour only and with a few carefully placed stickers I’m happy with it.
Few pics and hopefully have it broke in the weekend d87a1bb9c04c8db837f6e7d787c453cf.jpg
All mashed up
e0a394611b3e7348f45ec79407e11635.jpg
f897d7d3a92ad4080736afac3df5d92a.jpg0f1c503d726eff3ad741c32c07b8be3e.jpg
And finally
80c491d5eef48b045de53bd06152817c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Rcjam said:

Just bought myself a eairly 30th birthday present.7465b7dedaf2b5cdf1dd17981664ef9d.jpg
been out of the large scale scene since 2014 when I had a Mcd rrv4 but always have some sort of rc running my trusty hpi savage bash machine.
I was looking at the HPI Baja but I came across the 30dnb on YouTube and for the money ready to run it was hard to say no.
So far I’m very impressed with what I have seen on the net and having it out of the box in front of me i only have a few thing I would like to change.
1 the wheels look to narrow for the body
2 the throttle/brake servo and linkage moves a lot for my liking.
I haven’t ran it yet I’ve only fitted a kill switch and just finished the paint job. This is my first paint job other than single colour only and with a few carefully placed stickers I’m happy with it.
Few pics and hopefully have it broke in the weekend d87a1bb9c04c8db837f6e7d787c453cf.jpg
All mashed up
e0a394611b3e7348f45ec79407e11635.jpg
f897d7d3a92ad4080736afac3df5d92a.jpg0f1c503d726eff3ad741c32c07b8be3e.jpg
And finally
80c491d5eef48b045de53bd06152817c.jpg

Get yourself a set wheel extenders.

I was going to go that route but I saw on the Facebook group last night the mention of just adding the truck arms and axles as they are longer. I need to get it running first and look into that more. Maybe a chance for some nice alloy arms that way.

On 10/10/2018 at 07:59, Rcjam said:

I was going to go that route but I saw on the Facebook group last night the mention of just adding the truck arms and axles as they are longer. I need to get it running first and look into that more. Maybe a chance for some nice alloy arms that way.

Have you run it yet ??.

54 minutes ago, Rcjam said:

Just finished putting my first tank through. should get a good tune up and  proposer thrash tommorow 

Have changed the diff oil and rear springs ??.