• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas TRX-4 Unassembled Kit

capri-boy

A little premature considering the expected availability date, and not much new info to mull over but confirmation is confirmation non the less!  

Build your own TRX-4 with the TRX-4 Unassembled Kit (#82016-4) version. The kit includes the powerful TQi radio system and the XL-5HV power system. The kit is easy and fun to build with the detailed illustrated instructions. To speed up the build, key parts like shocks and linkages are professionally pre-assembled at the factory.

*More information to follow

Traxxas TRX-4 Unassembled Kit 82016-4

Source

View full news article

If that landy shell wasn’t so damned gorgeous, I would like the kit version.

one thing I will say is though, all those years only doing rtr, “scale” enthusiasts want kits so.......

BIG Thank you to traxxas for actually listening to the consumer.

still waiting for rpm to join in the shindig though...

15 hours ago, big gaz said:

If that landy shell wasn’t so damned gorgeous, I would like the kit version.

one thing I will say is though, all those years only doing rtr, “scale” enthusiasts want kits so.......

BIG Thank you to traxxas for actually listening to the consumer.

still waiting for rpm to join in the shindig though...

You highlight why I'll never buy this. Another Traxxas that needs RPM parts to work?

10 hours ago, mond said:

You highlight why I'll never buy this. Another Traxxas that needs RPM parts to work?

No, not really.

the only real issues that keep cropping up are 1, the weak steering servo (pretty much normal in rtr of ANY brand) and 2, it needs weight at the front end, more so if you run with the landy shell and all its add on bits and pieces.

so no, doesn’t need them but why not fit them? I like to “personalise” my Rc, lots of hop-ups I buy aren’t really needed but it satisfies me very nicely.

I like the few Rc I have to be special.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2017 at 08:43, mond said:

not at all, been running mine totally stock other than adding a light kit, got a new steering servo to out in it but so far the stock one has been ok. Also as Gaz said needs weight sorting out if running the stock shell. i will be putting some beadlocks on and getting some weight low down, but hasn't stopped me enjoying it in stock form.

• Like 1