• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1.9 Axial wraith

RC4WD fan

13 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Much better with the deadbolt shell.

i would be looking at backing the shell though to hide some of the colour seen. Just my thoughts :good:

I will be doing that mate I'm not actually useing that shell I'm going to get an new unpainted one this one is the test body so I'm not hacking up the new one :good: 

4 hours ago, big gaz said:

I wasn’t convinced when you wanted to build this, you have certainly changed my mind though, looks blooming awesome!

only thing for me is, it could do with some slightly bigger tyres.......:good:

Cheers mate looking forward to the new body specialy with the colour I've picked :whistling: and funny you say about the tyres needing to be bigger your right and I did order some from China been some time now and still no show so I'm looking for some 1.9 Maxxis Trepador at 117mm should look much better :yes: was going to look for some ascender tyres but got reminded of the bead on the tyres been a big pain in the rear end to fit 

Those tyres I mentioned in the above post finally arrived to day the listing said they were 115mm but there actually 110mm :ack: so that was a waste of time anyway started on the fastback conversion :) started of with some RC4WD mini rod ends image.jpgremoved the balls and drilled the middle out to 7mm image.jpgso that they only just fit over the bars on the cage like so image.jpgnow comes the nervy bit cutting the rear cage off 

Finished the fastback mod :) image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg unsure if I'll have it like this or have it the running straight to the back part of the cage like normal but this way I can fit a spare tyre or do a pick up style wraith? I'll see when I sort out the new body when I fill like hacking up a brand new body that is :lol: 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, big gaz said:

Mate that looks smart that way. :good:

Cheers mate :good: think I'll keep it this way :) 

need help @Oh How Original mentioned about cutting the doors on the deadbolt and have 2 options to go with on the mew body option 1 image.jpgor option 2 image.jpg

On 4 December 2017 at 20:15, Oh How Original said:

First one in my opnion.

At least that's what I originally meant when I said cut doors, it seems popular on Hilux's as well, but IMO it looks good on most stuff.

I know that the 1st one was what you meant mate I got a bit carried away with the cutting :lol: 

20 hours ago, RCbutcher said:

Yh the top one looks cool. Damn you made the deadbolt green body look cool period lol. The link mod is very cool. Can use that for mounting light pods too mayb. 

Didn't think of using light buckets for the body actually will have a look to see what I could use :good: 

and looks like option 1 wins :) witch is my choice aswell :D

7 hours ago, heavyleftthumb said:

im liking where this is going..... did the new tyres arrive yet?

would be interested in the old deadbolt cage if you fancy selling it on?

They did but there on 1mm bigger than the ripsaw :ack: but have ordered some new ones that should be here today or tomorrow hopefully then I can start on the new body :) also getting some RC4WD inner arches and going to have a go at making some sort of bed for the rear 

7 hours ago, heavyleftthumb said:

looking good buddy, nice cell. should fill some of that rear bed

Yep that's the plan :) will make a start on the bed over the next couple of days if I can move that is :lol: 

Well made a start on the body to quickly work out that I need some new blades :doh: image.jpgand saw this on the instructions image.jpg someone had the right idea with what to do with the deadbolt body :yes: