• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Blitz - Brushless RTR

joeylcfc

Just now, joeylcfc said:

I reduced the price of the car to £80 before he purchased it, and it was sold in good faith, as the car worked perfectly for me before the sale. At 10 o clock this evening, I received a message saying he was coming to my house uninvited. This unnerved me and my dad, both of which were not at the property at the time, so I asked for his address, as I was happy to personally give him a part refund tomorrow in the day, instead of a late night visit at my house.

So this was sold at £80 before refund? Out of curiosity how much will the part refund be? sounds like a decent deal i missed out on :crying:

Just now, Needmoreamps said:

So this was sold at £80 before refund? Out of curiosity how much will the part refund be? sounds like a decent deal i missed out on :crying:

Yes we agreed on £80, after telling him I could not find the battery strap. The part refund we agreed on was £30, which meant he would be getting a perfectly good working brushless Blitz for £50! 

3 minutes ago, joeylcfc said:

I reduced the price of the car to £80 before he purchased it, and it was sold in good faith, as the car worked perfectly for me before the sale. At 10 o clock this evening, I received a message saying he was coming to my house uninvited. This unnerved me and my dad, both of which were not at the property at the time, so I asked for his address, as I was happy to personally give him a part refund tomorrow in the day, instead of a late night visit at my house.

That isn't what your message states which is quite clear that you want my address so you and your dad can pay a visit. I offered a fair solution and do not see why a refund could not be given through PayPal and as I stated we both take it as a lesson and move on. I have provided evidence to the mods of everything that has been said the state of the gearbox and the video which I have also sent you proving that the gearbox is unusable 

2 minutes ago, joeylcfc said:

Yes we agreed on £80, after telling him I could not find the battery strap. The part refund we agreed on was £30, which meant he would be getting a perfectly good working brushless Blitz for £50! 

Being as the gearbox is £65 I would be paying £115 for a working blitz butbthat is semantics at this point

7 minutes ago, joeylcfc said:

Wow that's ridiculous cheap, your such "RIP OFF MERCHENT" selling a hpi blitz with 2.4ghz radio with brushless system and servo :P. The electronics alone are worth around £90 second hand. I missed out!!

Edited by Needmoreamps

1 minute ago, Needmoreamps said:

Wow that's a ridiculous cheap price, your such "RIP OFF MERCHENT" selling a hpi blitz with 2.4ghz radio with brushless system and servo :P. The electronics alone are worth around £90 second hand. I missed out!!

I paid for a rtr car which I have not got so it is a rip off however if you want to buy it minus the gearbox your welcome to

Just now, norcoforever said:

I paid for a rtr car which I have not got so it is a rip off however if you want to buy it minus the gearbox your welcome to

hmm initially you said it was just idle gear that needed replacing which you said was £20 pound i did quick google search for it actually to be £4.

So when buying the car did you not test it? what parts are exactly needed?

5 minutes ago, Needmoreamps said:

hmm initially you said it was just idle gear that needed replacing which you said was £20 pound i did quick google search for it actually to be £4.

So when buying the car did you not test it? what parts are exactly needed?

You clearly haven't read my comments all three gears are chipped and damaged and need replacing the idler is also bent but I half expected that as they all bend. I've had 4 firestorm previously. I can get most parts no issues my issue is the one that isn't in stock anywhere (if you Google you will find the second page you listed is a drop ship company which would mean hpi need stock which they don't have) If it was a quick an easy fix I would do it. Look through my history and the cars I own and run. No I didn't test hence being willing to accept half the cost of a replacement gearbox

Edited by norcoforever

4 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

You clearly haven't read my comments all three gears are chipped and damaged and need replacing the idler is also bent but I half expected that as they all bend. I've had 4 firestorm previously. I can get most parts no issues my issue is the one that isn't in stock anywhere (if you Google you will find the second page you listed is a drop ship company which would mean hpi need stock which they don't have) If it was a quick an easy fix I would do it. Look through my history and the cars I own and run. No I didn't test hence being willing to accept half the cost of a replacement gearbox

You do have a point considering it was sold as RTR 

9 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

Is the transmission your after?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Firestorm-10t-Gear-Box-Diff-Set/282516888921?hash=item41c7519d59:g:KVcAAOSw1BlZOmm2

£25 for brand new one and you still got the old one for salvage. 

3 minutes ago, Needmoreamps said:

Is the transmission your after?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-Firestorm-10t-Gear-Box-Diff-Set/282516888921?hash=item41c7519d59:g:KVcAAOSw1BlZOmm2

£25 for brand new one and you still got the old one for salvage. 

That's the nitro one which has different internal gear sizes (I crossed checked as that was one of my first thiughts) thank you for trying. if i could find one in stock that wasnt silly money it really wouldnt have ever been a big issue. Ive found 1 in canada for £12 shipped but the seller has bad ratings and another from california for £20 (£16 is postage!) But the seller has good ratings. 

At this point for me it's down to principles that I offered a solution that the seller accepted as long as I give my details for them to visit which given how I paid and how it was written was a thinly veiled threat immediately after I had said that I would draw a line and chalk it up to a lesson

Edited by norcoforever

• Gaz! locked this topic