• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mini 8ight-T motor mount stuck. Any ideas?

ninjagaiden

Folks

Coming back to my RC cars now my boys are big enough to want to drive them. I got an Exotek big bore mount for the M8T / Velineon last year and never got round to fitting it. Trouble is that the 1.5mm hex screws that hold the old motor mount are stuck good and tight. I'm using decent Wiha hex drivers, and I've tried heating up the screws with a soldering iron, and penetrating oil. They just won't budge. Anyone know if they have threadlock on them and if so how do I get them out.

Thanks

N

Unfortunately they will have thread lock on from factory I managed to snap motor shaft on my m8 buggy the other day & ended up drilling the head off so now need a new mount & motor

Heat the head up with a pencil torch and use a good quality hex driver and there come off easy

Pencil torches are cheap as chips 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263088153330

Soldering irons just won't get enough heat in 

Edited by mydoddy69
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys. Figured it would be too much threadlock as all the other screws through the chassis plate move.

I tried 40w and 100w soldering irons so I will get one of those blowtorches and give it a go. Always wanted one anyway!

17 hours ago, ninjagaiden said:

Thanks Guys. Figured it would be too much threadlock as all the other screws through the chassis plate move.

I tried 40w and 100w soldering irons so I will get one of those blowtorches and give it a go. Always wanted one anyway!

so did it work???