• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

My 45mm wheels for the mug slinger xl tyres that i have been waiting for arrived today, so got them all fitted up and installed today, i am rather pleased with the result, gave it a quick run in the house and does not rub at all thankfully, mud flaps i fitted may have to come off though as they did catch on the treads but that may just of been as the car was sitting on them without wheels and misshaped them a bit, will get it outside later and find out, but so far so good 🙂

The air filled tyres i fitted are great on tar and gravel but not so much on the more technical stuff, rubber is too hard

IMG_1868.jpeg

IMG_1869.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1867.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 3

I do like the style of them wheels and the overall style you have there 👍does look like that much won’t stop it now 😆

they do them in 1.9 as well don’t they 🤔 must resist in buying another set but can’t help it 🤣

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

I do like the style of them wheels and the overall style you have there 👍does look like that much won’t stop it now 😆

they do them in 1.9 as well don’t they 🤔 must resist in buying another set but can’t help it 🤣

Yes they do a 1.9 and a 124mm 2.2 as well, i actually bought a set of the smaller 2.2 ones as well in case these didn’t work out, but its looking encouraging up to now  🙂

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

Yes they do a 1.9 and a 124mm 2.2 as well, i actually bought a set of the smaller 2.2 ones as well in case these didn’t work out, but its looking encouraging up to now  🙂

I’m thinking of getting 2.2 wheels and mounting them on 1.9 tyres has no benefit doing that it’s just for looks 😁

Edited by RC4WD fan

10 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Someone has a defender that looks very similar to that but in dark blue around my way it is something when it’s coming towards in traffic 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

I got 45mm wide wheels to give that wide look to the tyres, that was 1 thing that i wasnt overly keen on with the trilug tyres and the 25mm wide wheels i bought originally, still thought it looked cool but thought i was missing a trick there so to speak

Edited by wolfie1

3 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Pretty good mate :good:

I’m hoping that they a good was exactly what I was looking for 👍need to find a nice looking and super bright light bar now 

6 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Stop making me spend money 😆 I’m going to take some measurements as I like the light bar style more than spot lights got something in mind just need to see if it’s doable well for me anyway 🤣

• Haha 1

How do you guys wire up the other spot lights to the roof, do you just have an extra plug to plug/unplug or you wiring it into the existing lighting system? The reason i ask is im using the traxxas system and i believe its a 3v system and would like to do wire it to that, i love the side spots on that Bigfoot Land Rover and want to do that.

Yeh the Traxxas system is 3v and if your spotlights etc are 3v you can connect it into the Traxxas system 

If the lights you want to add are 5-7.4v you can use a Y lead of the receiver to power them 

I used a Y lead for my TRX4 for the front bumper mounted spots . In the trx6 a Y lead is used for the roof lights but is another plug to unplug if taking body right off

I also usually leave the wires long enough that i can take the body off and able to lay on its side for battery fitting/removal without unplugging

What’s the brightest light bar available? I want a stupid bright one for the roof so much so that you would need sun glasses to look at it 😎 would be powered of a separate 3s lipo 

• Haha 1

the 1's i linked to are pretty bright but whether they are stupid bright i dont know 

They are only 7.4v as well so a bit of googling might be involved for what you want 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

the 1's i linked to are pretty bright but whether they are stupid bright i dont know 

They are only 7.4v as well so a bit of googling might be involved for what you want 

I can run 7.4v light bars from a 3s with a BEC no ? was thinking of getting a small 1:1 DRL light but wouldn’t look right would be too big 🤔

• Like 1