• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

2 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Don’t think my skills will allow me to make one of them 🤣

I am sure we had 109 as well or was it an 88 i cannot really remember now, i think it was blue but i dont ever remember that being used

So slow but steady pace is being made with the recovery build and been wondering if the is a way or part to cover the 3 holes on each side where the roll cage attaches to ? I had an idea of covering them with stickers and putting a bit of hot glue behind the sticker to stiffen it up a bit as I keep thinking of having no roll cage 🤔

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

So slow but steady pace is being made with the recovery build and been wondering if the is a way or part to cover the 3 holes on each side where the roll cage attaches to ? I had an idea of covering them with stickers and putting a bit of hot glue behind the sticker to stiffen it up a bit as I keep thinking of having no roll cage 🤔

I put some hot glue to hold the wiring in place on my trx4 shell and it warped it, the bit that warped i put 2 squirts of hot glue there!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wolfie1 said:

I put some hot glue to hold the wiring in place on my trx4 shell and it warped it, the bit that warped i put 2 squirts of hot glue there!

Really it’s that effected by hot glue ? I’ve used hot glue on multiple poly body’s to do what you did and didn’t warp any of them 

back to the drawing board I suppose 🤔

9 hours ago, RC4WD fan said:

Really it’s that effected by hot glue ? I’ve used hot glue on multiple poly body’s to do what you did and didn’t warp any of them 

back to the drawing board I suppose 🤔

If you look below the rear door handle you will see the warped bit, i did use 2 squirts there though

IMG_1937.jpeg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wolfie1 said:

If you look below the rear door handle you will see the warped bit, i did use 2 squirts there though

IMG_1937.jpeg

Oh yeah still a lot of warping for 2 squirts though don’t know how many it would take to fill the 6 holes though 🤔don’t really want to find out no to be honest 

51 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Oh yeah still a lot of warping for 2 squirts though don’t know how many it would take to fill the 6 holes though 🤔don’t really want to find out no to be honest 

It isint so noticeable in that pic either tbh, i was so annoyed when i did it, still am tbh as the model was like a week old at most when i did that

• Sad 1

Can someone elaborate on this for me I’m trying to make lights up my self so far not going very well 🤣 I’m thinking of just getting these instead https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-led-head-lights-tail-light-kit-for-trx-4-land-rover-425065 now has anyone got this set ? as all the traxxas light kits for the defender have the wrong light pattern on the front the top side lights appear to be orange I suppose because it’s an American company but the UK versions of the defender have white on top and the indicator on the bottom is that right on these light kits or is it just the pics ? also the kit linked has 2 connections 1 for power I assume but what about the other? would I be able to snip off the plugs and run them through the receivers 5v 

The lights are 3v and you need the power supply mentioned in your link (or another way of stepping down the voltage)

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-led-lights-power-supply-regulated-3v-05-amp-trx-4-425025

as for the amber light in wrong place i never noticed lol :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

The lights are 3v and you need the power supply mentioned in your link (or another way of stepping down the voltage)

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/traxxas-led-lights-power-supply-regulated-3v-05-amp-trx-4-425025

as for the amber light in wrong place i never noticed lol :rofl:

There goes that plan then 🤣

I’m on my 3rd set of making them up my self now and countless burns 😆 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Doesnt the original light buckets have holes for 3mm and 5 mm diodes ?

No but I brought some 3d printed ones that won’t fit properly on the rear with the cage on so I drilled 3/5mm holes in the original back plate thing it’s just the soldering small wires where it’s going south 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Shergar i cant remember if yours was rtr or the kit version

If rtr check the motor mount screws as both the TRX4 and 6 the motor mount screws werent even finger tight when i took original motors out for the fusion

• Like 1

I built mine withe the motor mounted in the C hole as per the manual and found it to make a hell of a noise and very tight mesh so moved it to the D hole 🤔(that sounds wrong 🤣) and now is really quiet and lovely and smooth dose help with the brushless motor it has 👍

• Like 1

Has anyone tried or have a cantilever suspension setup on their TRX4 ? seen a couple of companies making them for trx4’s as I want to change the body on mine to a pickup with a proper full bed and would need the cantilever suspension setup for it to work