• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

On 23/03/2018 at 21:15, gti power said:

Still haven't order my trx-4 yet, can't decide on a red or a grey one ? 

As this will be my first dealing with lipos I'm looking at buying the https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/242974/ and the https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/245761/ as I feel these will make introduction to lipos much easier for a beginner? 

Go green. It’s the best colour. 

So I have got the tyres dirty at last...

Have been given a voucher for the mark, apparently everyone they have has the same mark, however I want to cover it up. What would you guys suggest to cover it, I have seen spare tyres but it has one on the back already. You probably can't see it in the pic but its on the roof in-between the roof rack and the bar above the windscreen.

Light bar won't exactly cover it, or not the ones I've seen, could any advise? with link please.

Thanks all

Photo%2026-03-2018,%2011%2035%2024.jpg?d

2 hours ago, seanv said:

Well took mine out to woods then down to manvers lake i can say there's more weight now the bloody wheels have soaked up the water hmmm

I ended up removing the tyres and fitting new inserts on some cheap gmade split rims. I’ll get some decent ones at some point. At least with splits I can remove the inserts and dry them out. 

Had the day off today and managed to do a bit more to the 'double-cab'

Removed the rear body posts and made some new ones to sit under the bed. Cut down one of the spare bars from the cage and made 2 stubby posts

41075202852_fb3ce24ee7_c.jpg

Drilled a hole through each one to take the mounting screw

39309489350_4714ca9d2d_c.jpg

Fitted to chassis and hole drilled straight down the middle

39309487470_216aef1af3_c.jpg

Popped the shell on and marked where the posts sat under the bed, drilled a hole and fitted shell.... fits like a glove!

Outside shots :):) 

27245474538_8f4f6131d6_c.jpg

39309480580_781a567e23_c.jpg

Updates to come......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted LEDs and wired up better than the last hash I made and added a few scale bits

Few of us went for a run this morning, a fantastic trail with a bit of everything...... rocks, paths, mud and streams

40738494444_2552cfdde8_c.jpg

27581710408_77e441cfdb_c.jpg

27581665198_9be6cf7549_c.jpg

40559203405_13a1acce92_c.jpg

41452870871_178894935a_c.jpg

Few bits to finish then I think I'm about there 

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 22:12, big gaz said:

I think I know where you mean.

is there usually a ice cream van one the corner?

Yes, thats the badger!

few yards along the track and over a stile.

There's enough routes and trails to keep you entertained for hours..... last run we did 3.5 miles!! :D:D 

Been a while but finally managed to get some runtime Sunday just gone.

excellent day, their was a informal 20 gate course, the trx4 managed 19 of the 20 gates and 17of those was with a open front diff.

just has so much grip!!!

0_D9_CE12_A-61_FF-4020-87_DA-_E7_CBC8_F2

32_D2151_B-7_C46-4_C7_E-_AF19-_F037_AA32

5194_B557-2006-4_B11-9600-7_E8_CD1241_BF

7_F135_E39-_C8_DF-47_D6-8_DB8-_BFC52_A5_

this was also at the meet so we decided to pull up alongside for a quick pic.

161_F4_BD1-3_FCE-4346-_A854-_A8962_EEADC

30_BF03_D6-71_EB-4910-_B4_C0-1_D998277_B

so tempted to have a bronco, it’s a gorgeous looking truck..... 

or get the shell on a scx10.2 kit maybe?

anyway, the trx4 is epic!

not one breakdown (lost a sand ladder but found it)

and today i fitted a set of Vanquish incision links and some samix c-hubs.

• Like 1

Great pics! Landy looks very capable mate :thumbsup:

I thought the 110 trx4 was big when I got it but the bronco looks HUGE! Also looks very nice :D

I'm over the moon with mine, stock apart from steering servo, alloy portal covers and hobbywing 1080esc...... dare I say best rig I've had?

• Like 1

I’ll hold my hands up and say I’ve spent far more than I ever needed to, but that’s just me.

yes mate, I’m in the same boat, the only other of my rigs that could be at the top is my orange landy scx10.

oh and the other plus for Traxxas is the 3 quite original shells as opposed to the usual j#*p or Toyota.

38 minutes ago, big gaz said:

I’ll hold my hands up and say I’ve spent far more than I ever needed to, but that’s just me.

yes mate, I’m in the same boat, the only other of my rigs that could be at the top is my orange landy scx10.

oh and the other plus for Traxxas is the 3 quite original shells as opposed to the usual j#*p or Toyota.

Who says you've spent too much? Ive never seen any rules on how much you can spend or how many rigs are too many! Each to their own and its what makes it a great hobby.

Your orange landy is like my disco to me, still got it and still love it despite what I've had since :D

Sure I'm in the minority but never had a jeep....

Hey folks :)

I was just browsing RCMart for ESC's I was thinking of buying a couple of Quicrun 1060's 1 for the TRX and 1 for my Tamiya M03 which should be with me this week, however I spotted that Hobbywing have a Quicrun 1080 which is supposed to be a Crawler version!

Have any of you run the 1080 ESC it looks like it has some decent features but is about twice the price of the 1060?  I like the S-BEC will do 7.4v and is 3amp instead of 2amp and the programmable features.

What are you guys running?

Hello, sorry to break in on topic, but getting tempted to go for Landrover or Bronco - just can't make up my mind ! the newbie question I have mobility issues - I have Outback & Charisma, is the Trx4 really worth the money, I keep getting tempted - but got to be realistic,  :crying:

Thanks

:wheelchair: