• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finally my new man cave

Wraithstorm67

I built mine not long ago, nothing fancy and it was a cheap metal shed. But it's totally worth it. Just for my cars and tools. It's 8x6 which is plenty for me, cars, tools, gardening equipment and compressor etc.

Used Eco deck plastic base then had a metal frame for the flooring base and then 3/4 inch ply for the flooring. Cheap and cheerful.

Made a bench out of scrap wood from my garden.ebe057351c51bbad53fd935fb68fd19f.jpgbc71ac441ecca8832ece64dcaf76ea8e.jpg64c4c1e25924017edcf77f31ecf3dd6d.jpg0bf1e305adee1724944951a7e628ce49.jpgb7d13da6d61a8b1c0650cc91aa4fdd23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Very nice cheap is what I'm doing courtesy of a very helpful site manager wood is all free so 

far.Got 20 sheets of half inch marine ply  for the walls free also

• Like 1

Very nice cheap is what I'm doing courtesy of a very helpful site manager wood is all free so 
far.Got 20 sheets of half inch marine ply  for the walls free also

Bargain then. Marine ply is good, I was going to use that but it was £40 per 8x4 sheet and I needed 2 sheets for 8x6. Ended up buying ply from local merchants which they recommend for half the price. I've sealed the edges just to make sure.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Our garden shed is slowly 'going natural', so RC's are in the garage.

If / as / when .... it collapses and I find funds, my plan is for something as substantial as I can afford - want to put the scalextric in there as well!!

(That's the plan anyway!!)

Al.

• Like 1

I'm going to cover the ply in heavy duty plastic membrane then clad it in something nice then insulate it inside with kingspan

or something similar to make it warm and dry all year round 

• Like 1