• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Is the hobby dying off?

norcoforever

For me personally there has been plenty of times where I've had the money to buy an RC, but there are none available. Look at Arrma. The Typhon is out of stock more times than it's in. People are sitting there with the cash waiting but can't get the product. Same with spares. You buy an RC, then find it impossible to get spares. Or if you are lucky enough to find them they're either in the US or some obscure place where delivery is as much as the car. 

What really grinds my gears is when businesses complain about losing customers etc, then take a week to ship out your order! 

• Like 2

They've not been different for years, The plastic hingpin inserts on my TT S3 are exactly the same size, And I mean bang on the same size as the ones on my Sworkz 350, And there years apart from a production stand point.

I used an Sworkz rear shock shaft in a muggy shock, HPI diff gears are bang on the same size as the ones in my Berserker, And I once fitted a Kyosho Diff in a Hong Nor. 

The fact that they still feel they can make money from the hobby is a show that it's not dying.

Edited by babylon

7 hours ago, babylon said:

I used an Sworkz rear shock shaft in a muggy shock, HPI diff gears are bang on the same size as the ones in my Berserker, And I once fitted a Kyosho Diff in a Hong Nor. 

I think that's just model companies sourcing off the shelf parts from the same supplier.

NorcoF, Can we rename this 'Groundhog Thread' ?