• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

BSR Berserker

2 hours ago, vimto2000 said:

Was having a look on the hobbyking site and this truck is now discontinued. How are the spares looking? 

Spares don’t seem to be a problem so far alot of stuff In stock, also interchangeable with the hsp. I’ve not really had any breakages so far so good.. just the upgraded wing mount.

Dan

Edited by DanFlux

On 02/03/2018 at 08:07, babylon said:

Be careful,  from my reading the ESC is in no way splash or waterproof.

I did do my best attempt to cover it , didn’t get to wet! other half’s hair dryer out after thorough drying out :lol:

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been a reader of this thread for a while and just got a berserker! well on route in post at mo? Just wondering if anyone knows best diff oil for uk looked on yank forums and there different tracks, conditions.?

Will post pictures once Ive got it my first ever 1/8th truggy..

• 4 weeks later...

Well never let a 5 yr old have a go?broke it well only bumper,he hit it hard so pretty tough.

Man loosen body clips like there going out of fashion!Roll it over once the fronts go missing!? 

Loving the berserker great car.

• 1 month later...

Took my berserker out yesterday was having a ball with..then broke a wheel? so as the grip level not great with the standard tyres going to buy some buggy wheels/tyres see how they fair.

Need to cut body at front as rubbing bad when on full turn, ever time i take it out all ways brings a smile to my face?

Anyone got a fix with the washer that go on before the body clips every time the thing on roof loose one can i glue them on a lexan shell???

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all,

I have this truggy and have owned it since last year (October). I have run it 5 times so far within the last 8 months and it has gone through 3 rear differential internal gear sets so far. It seems to like to eat them, the gears have been hardened through sticking them in the oven for 20 minutes and then letting them cool down appropriately. This has made no difference to the longevity of running the BSR Berserker (Run time normally 10 to 20 minutes until differential failure). I don't bash my BSR hard normally just race it up and down the grass so the dog can chase it and have fun. I run a 6s with the correct running gear that comes with the BSR kit. 

I have now ordered 2 complete Hobao Hyper 7 Differential kits including housing from ebay. I will install them into the BSR and see how they get on.  I will keep you all updated. We will see if it is a success.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg