• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which high end TC?

El Dougo

I've got my eye on a Schumacher Mi6 Evo but I'm out of touch with competition grade cars and no nothing about Schumacher's quality and parts supply.  Any advice as to if it would be a good purchase or should I be looking at other brands like Associated and Tamiya TRF? 

Thanks

Doug

BMT 601 :thumbsup: 

Just finished putting mine together, very nice bit of kit with some nice features. Spares available from Swith Racing.

http://bmt-team.com/en/prodotti-2/110-touring-ep-bmt-601/

Here's mine before I finished building it last night:

18301610_10155008218110210_7622796748868

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Just finished putting mine together, very nice bit of kit with some nice features. Spares available from Swith Racing.

That looks very nice. You'll have to let us know how you get on with it. :good:

Thanks for the reply's.  

I had a look at the X-ray it looks awesome but I couldn't see the extra £100 and the anodised orange is offensive to my eye's!  

I'm still thinking the Schmacher is the one for me so it would be nice to know peoples thoughts on the Mi6 Evo!?  I do also like the idea of buying British ;) 

You can't really go wrong with any of the high end kits, it more comes down to what everyone else races at the track so you have help for setup and spares if needed. 

Saying that, I've always ran different cars, mainly as I like trying different car. I've ran a budget 3Racing XI Sport for the past 2/3 seasons in 13.5t blinky with good success.

• Like 2

On 04/05/2017 at 19:41, Deafty said:

@ The Dark Knight

How budget are those mate?  hows the quality to say... a more expensive 1? :lol:

They're about £85 from RC Mart and only really need two upgrades: the alloy centre pulley & alloy floating servo mount.

It isn't really fair comparing the quality but you certainly get good bang for your buck. They're strong cars too, I never broke anything when I ran mine. Only part that I changed every so often due to wear & tear was the front spool outdrives, mainly as they are only plastic but you could upgrade to an alloy spool if you wanted.

Bare in mind I only ran it in 13.5t blinky, not sure how well it'd hold up to modified abuse.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2017 at 11:13, The Dark Knight said:

It's a re-badged Team Magic E4RS III (which isn't a bad thing!).  Useful to know in case you're struggling to find spares.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 08:18, The Dark Knight said:

You can't really go wrong with any of the high end kits, it more comes down to what everyone else races at the track so you have help for setup and spares if needed. 

Thanks for all the suggestions it's been fun looking at all the car's.  I ended up doing some late night purchasing and have a Tamiya TRF419x WS on the way from RC Mart. I know the other cars are probably much better but as well as some club racing I intend to do some speed runs with it for the Tamiya Club speed challenge. 

Any setup tips for club racing? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, El Dougo said:

Thanks for all the suggestions it's been fun looking at all the car's.  I ended up doing some late night purchasing and have a Tamiya TRF419x WS on the way from RC Mart. I know the other cars are probably much better but as well as some club racing I intend to do some speed runs with it for the Tamiya Club speed challenge. 

Any setup tips for club racing? 

I usually built my kits to the kit spec then tune from there.

Not sure if you've seen Petit RC before but always worth having a look on there too for specific track setups: http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/SetupSheetDataBase.htm

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2017 at 17:54, El Dougo said:

I hadn't, thanks :) 

Started building yesterday, ended up going to bed late :@.@:

20170523_173035.jpg

Lot's of Tamiya articles at www.TheRcRacer.com as myself and others race them. It's a great chassis, I would look at this for a good base set-up. http://www.thercracer.com/2017/04/brca-2017-r1-wlrc-daniel-bookers.html