• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

120 a esc replacing a 30 a esc

NOFX

:@.@:. I've swapped the 30a esc out of my bad bug into our sons mmt. I'm putting a 120a esc in the bad bug. It's come out of the crappy viper.    It's 4s , so hopefully won't turn into a smoke bomb. The soldering is doing my head in.  I wanted to get it done tonight, but it's pee'ed me off so it's gone back on the cupboard. 

15 minutes ago, NOFX said:

:@.@:. I've swapped the 30a esc out of my bad bug into our sons mmt. I'm putting a 120a esc in the bad bug. It's come out of the crappy viper.    It's 4s , so hopefully won't turn into a smoke bomb. The soldering is doing my head in.  I wanted to get it done tonight, but it's pee'ed me off so it's gone back on the cupboard. 

How've you found the bad bug?  Mine's stil sat in it's box :/  Too many micro MT's going on.

Really good. The wheel bar shock went bleurgh first run. But I replaced it with a mlst shock.   Our little un drive it at full beltover a jump into wave breaker rocks on the beach last Halloween.  Bent a dog bone.  The esc in his went Fizz & there's no way of getting a similar one to replace it. That's why he's had my esc & motor.  He'd be gutted if his goes boon. 

Is parallel more go less time? I can never remember.  We bash em together.  Little sod'd be gutted if his did half the speed of mine. He did a backflip with his when he was 3 last summer.  Landed it perfectly. (hit the brakes thinking  " oh crap!!!" .  But he still says " I'm better at radio controlled truck than mummy :)  .  I've let him rip with all mine except the brushless summit.  That COULD do damage. I've got scars from backfbackfliping it up my legs :) . But scars are cool :)

Parallel is double the runtime, series is double the voltage :)

Sounds like you're sorted for now but as a fallback plan, a more 'normal' ESC and the 4pole EMB motor that capri-boy mentions with parallel batts would probably work well. That motor is a bit of a monster for something it's size :D 

Finally got the esc soldered in. I hate soldering!!!!:ack: . Now to see if it turns into a rolling ball of burning plastic or not. I bet it rains before the batteries are ready ?