• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

QRC's Axial Yeti XL rtr with a few mods.....

QRC

4 hours ago, QRC said:

Off to my local RC shop on Tuesday, the owner is a big Traxxas X Maxx fan, he has two version 1's and he's getting a version 2, sounds like a good opportunity for a head to head between the X Maxx & Yeti XL.

Where abouts is that? I currently have an open challenge for any Xmaxx driver... £100 if they beat my YXL over the same grounds... £100 to me if they don't.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Where abouts is that? I currently have an open challenge for any Xmaxx driver... £100 if they beat my YXL over the same grounds... £100 to me if they don't.

Royston, Hertfordshire.

Got around to re mounting the Vanguard esc this afternoon on the new plate, only for the plastic holes on the sides of the esc just fall to pieces. Was planning just to stick down with Gorilla mounting tape and wrap cable ties around for good measure, but then thought better of it, no access to the receiver box. Had a quick check on YT, low and behold, there is Traxxas E revo esc mount/ clamp which fits perfectly, so ordered one.

39 minutes ago, QRC said:

Got around to re mounting the Vanguard esc this afternoon on the new plate, only for the plastic holes on the sides of the esc just fall to pieces. Was planning just to stick down with Gorilla mounting tape and wrap cable ties around for good measure, but then thought better of it, no access to the receiver box. Had a quick check on YT, low and behold, there is Traxxas E revo esc mount/ clamp which fits perfectly, so ordered one.

What mount is it?

Mine is held down with cheap double sided foam, it's been soaking wet and you can pick the car up by the ESC lol, it's really solid stuff, but if I can get some kind of clamp system like the 1/10 that would be a bonus!

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

What mount is it?

Mine is held down with cheap double sided foam, it's been soaking wet and you can pick the car up by the ESC lol, it's really solid stuff, but if I can get some kind of clamp system like the 1/10 that would be a bonus!

Traxxas plate/ mount for esc, think it's for the the Monster Mamba, but should work with my Vanguard esc, part no. #5626.

1 hour ago, QRC said:

gota linky pls dude?i managed to snap one of my max8 side tabs....:doh:...not gonna work with my max8 is it.....:rolleyes:

Edited by evssv

Can confirm that mount doesn't work with the QuicRun 150a... It was only 7quid with postage to find out, but it doesn't, it's not tall enough and the design at the top fouls the ESC so there's about an inch gap between the bottom of the bracket and the holes, so even if you modified it, you'd still need massively long bolts lol.

Might try and modify it, but I can't see it being strong if I remove the material necessary.

EDIT; I've modified it now, but I've cut away so much material, the arms feel very flimsy and I think on a decent impact, they would break, unfortunately I've not got the right length bolts, but it does fit into place, I've just ordered some bolts for it, so I'll give it a whirl and report back.

DSC_3773_zpswpitgga4.jpg

DSC_3775_zps7nrfvb3y.jpg

DSC_3776_zpsqgtsygyw.jpg

DSC_3777_zpsqccdhgj2.jpg

DSC_3778_zpsnswzjby4.jpg

Edited by Oh How Original

5 hours ago, QRC said:

Small update, having new body panels fabricated currently by OHO, possibly going for a tyre change and some shock socks this week as well.

If you don't want the expense of beadlocks and you want something stronger than the standard wheels, RCmart have an offer on Trenchers at the moment, it works out to about £72 for a complete set of 4 posted (free shipping atm on them) which is about £16 cheaper than MS, with the state of UK post atm, it's worth waiting an extra day or two IMO.

http://www.rcmart.com/trencher-series-terrain-tires-mounted-tech-black-wheels-p-35784.html?cPath=35_994

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oh How Original said:

If you don't want the expense of beadlocks and you want something stronger than the standard wheels, RCmart have an offer on Trenchers at the moment, it works out to about £72 for a complete set of 4 posted (free shipping atm on them) which is about £16 cheaper than MS, with the state of UK post atm, it's worth waiting an extra day or two IMO.

http://www.rcmart.com/trencher-series-terrain-tires-mounted-tech-black-wheels-p-35784.html?cPath=35_994

Cheers for the info, just about to order.