• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

QRC's Axial Yeti XL rtr with a few mods.....

QRC

Well thought it was about time to get one of these solid rear axle machines and its a lot cheaper and better value ( my opinion) than the Traxxas X Maxx version 1 or 2. Managed to find this on eBay, its great condition, could only have been run a few times and being sold by a very honest seller. 

A number of mods/upgrades have been carried out and it came with a number of spares. My first upgrade will be a different set of body panels, so found a number of choices, either raw or pre painted, metal ??, and wrap designs from across the pond.

Anyhow its in the back of the car, ready for a quick spin at work tonight before storm Doris starts causing problems.

Few pics,

1FC19BA6-D4CE-4AD6-A9AE-829DE0937953_zps

A67FA7E4-9937-40D5-8126-61858B121542_zps

6A733CBC-C157-4A38-AAE6-8F92DBF92006_zps

F7FBE8AE-BAF3-4329-8E6D-D5307312DFC8_zps

56255EA0-F3EE-4DB1-82E9-A71CEF5229B5_zps

802683B3-2E6F-42B5-8229-F3824F7545C3_zps

207E90FF-138D-4E1D-8755-652CC63DA208_zps

EFA3C295-390B-40C8-AD6F-7B7249F9633E_zps

350AAD5C-C5B3-4145-BF51-C6DF21E65FB4_zps

A5BA050B-FF8F-4018-9504-6B8ABA7CE135_zps

Edited by QRC
  • Like 1

Cheers chap, had a little search on the net for body panels,

- eBay, private seller carbon fibre set from USA.

- FreqEsKinz, got some great vinyl wraps, although will need to come from stateside.

- eBay again, Barndog Racing RC, Aluminium, again stateside.

- MS/ Wheelspin both raw and pre painted.

Also looked into the spare wheel option, don't think so, how much for wheel and tyre !!.

14 minutes ago, QRC said:

Cheers chap, had a little search on the net for body panels,

- eBay, private seller carbon fibre set from USA.

- FreqEsKinz, got some great vinyl wraps, although will need to come from stateside.

- eBay again, Barndog Racing RC, Aluminium, again stateside.

- MS/ Wheelspin both raw and pre painted.

Also looked into the spare wheel option, don't think so, how much for wheel and tyre !!.

I've been struggling to find a clear body as well :/ 

I also had the same opinion on wheels and tyres, it's pure daylight robbery, for a nicely specced up set, you're looking at neck end of £400!! :huh:

Huntsmans are nearly £250 just for wheels, some decent tyres are going to be about another £100-110 and another £60 for decent foams.

Can't work out why an extra 1.6" (over 2.2s) costs like 6x more lol.

8 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I've been struggling to find a clear body as well :/ 

I also had the same opinion on wheels and tyres, it's pure daylight robbery, for a nicely specced up set, you're looking at neck end of £400!! :huh:

Huntsmans are nearly £250 just for wheels, some decent tyres are going to be about another £100-110 and another £60 for decent foams.

Can't work out why an extra 1.6" (over 2.2s) costs like 6x more lol.

Clear body panels care of Wheelspin, MS can assist bit more expensive ??, https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/241467/

15 minutes ago, QRC said:

Clear body panels care of Wheelspin, MS can assist bit more expensive ??, https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/241467/

I wouldn't give Wheelspin my money, so they aren't an option for me.

I may end up breaking out the lexan and heat gun and seeing if I can come up with anything.

4 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I wouldn't give Wheelspin my money, so they aren't an option for me.

I may end up breaking out the lexan and heat gun and seeing if I can come up with anything.

You obiviously have an issue with Wheelspin, so MS have this, https://www.modelsport.co.uk/axial-yeti-xl-y-480-body-.040-clear/rc-car-products/388180

I don't fancy ordering from the states and don't know anyone who does them in the UK.

I'd gladly paint the outside, but I'm damned if I can find the decal sheet for sale either.

CML have really really knackered Axials UK stock.

In fact the bloke from CML told me today, I am the very first customer to send them something back, so it's obviously still a new deal.

They need to step up though, Axial stock is absolutely terrible at the moment.

I have now remembered the vinyl wrapping company for rc cars, Joker Designs based in Blackpool, UK. Original looked at their site for a wrap on my DBXL. They do custom designs, will make contact and enquire.