• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Actual laws about big petrol rc

just rolling

aslong as theres no signs ill just tell the people ok and ill carry on, wont be rude or nothing and let them call the police or whoever they contact. to me aslong as i dont use there football pitch/cricket pitch and stay to the longer field area i cant see im doing rong. dont see me purposefully walking upto them and moaning about the dog crap they dont pickup(assuming they dont like they assume im gonna cause damage with my rc) id even be happy to demonstrate the kill switch for em.

Edited by speedods
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 22:19, just rolling said:

Not sure, guessing prob council, it has housing around it but honestly its bloody huge. Really far from the houses and i was heading into the middle as it is noisy truck

Unless there are signs up forbidding the use of motorised / RC vehicles /AIRCRAFT/BOATS and there are no "public footpaths" and you aren't causing a menace tell plod to go away, you would be trespassing if it is a private field without the owner's consent/permission , plod can't take on matters of a council nature because of by-laws and for those to be enforced you would need to first be spoken to or sent an expensive letter from a council womble,  first you need to establish if the land you are on is council OR private OR common? if common there are again by-laws (some, hundreds of years old) but the clue is in the title. Despite council rules....parks and open spaces and recreational areas can be used for sport ...I believe our hobby is classed as a sport? There was an incident in Wollaton Park , Notts (story on google) where a kid had his leg broken by an RC Car, police couldn't do anything apart from report the matter to park management and the council say there are no by-laws . The bigger picture is that you won't find any laws on RC cars on the net . there's your answer, however if you injured someone they can still sue the bawbag off ya. ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST.

1 minute ago, KORB said:

Unless there are signs up forbidding the use of motorised / RC vehicles /AIRCRAFT/BOATS and there are no "public footpaths" and you aren't causing a menace tell plod to go away, you would be trespassing if it is a private field without the owner's consent/permission , plod can't take on matters of a council nature because of by-laws and for those to be enforced you would need to first be spoken to or sent an expensive letter from a council womble,  first you need to establish if the land you are on is council OR private OR common? if common there are again by-laws (some, hundreds of years old) but the clue is in the title. Despite council rules....parks and open spaces and recreational areas can be used for sport ...I believe our hobby is classed as a sport? There was an incident in Wollaton Park , Notts (story on google) where a kid had his leg broken by an RC Car, police couldn't do anything apart from report the matter to park management and the council say there are no by-laws . The bigger picture is that you won't find any laws on RC cars on the net . there's your answer, however if you injured someone they can still sue the bawbag off ya. ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST.

cool, thanks

5 hours ago, speedods said:

didnt the BRCA use to offer insurance for running your rc car anywhere but on public roads etc? i was out using my car today and had a dog walker tell me i shouldnt be using my dbxl in the park (public recreation ground) and theres no signs anywhere as we checked.

Bet the dog took a crap though?!:rc_car:

does seem to be a grey area when it comes to using them over parks, I contacted my local park warden and local council both replies where (not sure, if no signs then you can use them)

Edited by kenny_st
  • Like 1

On 13/02/2017 at 08:50, kenny_st said:

does seem to be a grey area when it comes to using them over parks, I contacted my local park warden and local council both replies where (not sure, if no signs then you can use them)

Surely your not relying upon the council for reliable and truthful information?

The councils have a habit of just telling you what you want to hear at the time to shut the call down, especially if they indeed don't know the answer.

Go grab another phone and ring in pretending to be a disgruntled resident whose property borders said local park, and see if they tell you the opposite of what they told you the first time

• Like 3

On 13/02/2017 at 08:50, kenny_st said:

Surely your not relying upon the council for reliable and truthful information?

The councils have a habit of just telling you what you want to hear at the time to shut the call down, especially if they indeed don't know the answer.

Go grab another phone and ring in pretending to be a disgruntled resident whose property borders said local park, and see if they tell you the opposite of what they told you the first time

5 hours ago, just rolling said:

am clearly just an absolute bad man criminal for going to work, paying my taxes and trying to have some harmless fun whilst being as considerate as possible to others

Ahh to be british eh.

First world problems.

Jr, please change your forum name to 'bad man criminal', has a certain ring to it, you'll be down with "da yoot"

• Like 1

spoke to a passing cop today, he said they have better things to be doing unless a real problem is occurring, was a nice chap and agreed common sense should be applied and if no harm is being done

I'm with Sean.  The single biggest challenge for largescale RC users is good locations to run..  We need to be respectful and cognisant of other people; I could imagine that these with a tuned pipe, tearing up and down some green space near ones house, could be more than a little annoying!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noj said:

I've been asked to move along running large-scale brushless in a public park....

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason....

Indeed common sense can be in short supply when dealing with council officials or even the public. A while ago locally a father and son were thrown out of a public park for operating their RC and causing noise and polution. Said RC was a model sailboat quietly saing around the lake in the park. A MODEL SAILBOAT!!!!!! The council officials insisted that as it was radio controled it had to be causing noise and pollution and they wouldn't have it that a model saiboat has no motor so no noise or pollution. 

I swear some public employees would fail an IQ test. :36_11_13[1]:

John

• Like 3

On 2/18/2017 at 09:27, johninderby said:

John

A well known fact in local authority circles, everyone is eventually promoted the their level of incompetency !!!!

On 2/18/2017 at 09:27, johninderby said:

Indeed common sense can be in short supply when dealing with council officials or even the public. A while ago locally a father and son were thrown out of a public park for operating their RC and causing noise and polution. Said RC was a model sailboat quietly saing around the lake in the park. A MODEL SAILBOAT!!!!!! The council officials insisted that as it was radio controled it had to be causing noise and pollution and they wouldn't have it that a model saiboat has no motor so no noise or pollution. 

John

Love to know what they'd say when you eventually complete that tank and take it out!!!

Al.

7 hours ago, kenny_st said:

I finally got the ok from the park ranger to run my cars in 1 field at the back of the country park, was also told if the public/dog walkers  complain about the noise  I just show them the letter from the park ranger.

Kudos to you for getting written permission!

I want it paraded around like a medieval war banner!!

Your lucky in some ways, living in rural devon i can just rock up at an appropriate field, but then I run the risk of confrontational inbred frmers like in this pic

inbred1.jpg

• Like 1