• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pedro's & Pippa's travels around Norfolk

Tamiyacowboy

first off my kit : 

spada intrepid dual sport helmet with peak camera mount
camera is a KitVision Hd5 720p
Boots are spada SP1 
jacket is a Spada textile armour jacket 
gloves are summer/winter shorties

Bovlov BT intercom set
Scooter is a 50cc sym jet eurox / basix

So this is my first ever motovlog like trip, its a short one to satisfy my sausage roll addiction , so yeah you guessed it, the trip is to a local supermarket to grab a couple packs of sausage rolls , and stretch the legs of the scooter some what. No comentery as yet as i have to hack mod the camera to have a mic jack and i need to grab a boom mic for the hat ( already have an intercom boom mic installed to)

Edited by Tamiyacowboy
update new header

1 hour ago, big gaz said:

Could I ask why you stayed in the right lane up the dual carriageway bit?

good idea having a helmet cam though.

Left lane is for A47 , the right lane is for the industrial / shopping estate , if you sit in the right lane then try to turn left to the A47 you end up waiting for months as drivers wont give way to you, so if your going to the shopping estate/ industrial estate  you keep to the right lane leaving the left clear.

yes helmet cam is great its like a dash cam for riders keeps us covered if something does happen its all on video for insurance/police/emergency services. i have had a few close calls where drivers have just cut me up or decided they will pull out on me on roundabouts without even looking , then shrugging shoulders when your on the horn feet from smacking there motor and they are likes " eh what ". Also the number of folks i pass playing with there phones - reading a book and one lady doing her makeup , stupidity at its best 

Edited by Tamiyacowboy

26 minutes ago, Guns said:

Have you just video'd your drive to a supermarket? Im confused as to what the reason for posting behind this is? Is the scooter special or something?

Yes i rode to a supermarket to test a new camera setup on a new helmet mount setup. ready for motovloging . its not just me that has done this other motovloggers have recorded themselves going to get a slurpy / mcdonalds-taco etc etc. i hope to record some better footage of the norfolk countryside and views. other riders have just recorded themselves riding round mumbling about all sundery.

15 minutes ago, Tamiyacowboy said:

Yes i rode to a supermarket to test a new camera setup on a new helmet mount setup. ready for motovloging . its not just me that has done this other motovloggers have recorded themselves going to get a slurpy / mcdonalds-taco etc etc. i hope to record some better footage of the norfolk countryside and views. other riders have just recorded themselves riding round mumbling about all sundery.

Oh. Ok then. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So after some camera modding , i installed a mono lapel mic into the Spada Intrepid dual sport helmet , kitted up and went for a short ride to the doctors.
YES for all you old forum folks you will finally get to hear old TC yabbering away about nonsense in his very first motovlog with him talking.

feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel , offer riding advice - ask questions or poke fun at me via this thread.
youngsters remember Dress for a slide dont be a fool wear the right gear all the time and Freedom is the Open Roads 

Trip to Infinity Motorcycles in norwich to grab a face mask to prevent fogging of visor and glasses, at the same time i do some window shopping at the Harley Davison store and Lind BMW 

19:55 - Harley store
21:30 Lind BMW 

• 1 month later...

Diesel in a petrol scooter ..... OH SHIZZLE ME 

yes big newbie mistake ..... but here i am again just a trip round the village incase it breaks down with my usual mutterings in the norfolk accent.
we have a warbling 50cc at 7 mins in video, and at 20:18 we have a splutter bogg down to near stall but i manage to keep it going .

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 17:53, stretch said:

If you knew you'd put diesel in why didnt you drain it?

because at first i did not know i had put it in only once i went through the whole scooter did i think maybe fuel was the problem and the finger test then the burn test confirmed what i had done.. and if you mix derv with petrol it still smells of petrol , its the finger test that gives it away, dipping finger into fuel you finger has that oily sheen to it where petrol would evap off as it does not have the oily feel to it.

the pumps only had small writing on them denoting ultima unleaded - ultima diesel , the front  of the pump handle was the same, the labeling on pump the same just small writing. and the derv pump never gave the derv warning when lifted, so mistake could be made ......... 

Also draw to the fact cars now have a smaller fuel opening so the derv pump nozzles wont fit, but motorbikes that has not come to us so a derv nozzle will fit our tanks just as a petrol nozzle will. cars changed the fuel opening to stop them being filled by accident, but bikers still have that risk.

• 2 months later...

Walcott Beach , scouting for fishing marks. 

today we headed upto the coastal road and walcott beach to look at the tide line and possible fishing area, at the same time we take a walk along the sea wall/beach road and encounter the local shop - cafe and chipshop. its a quaint little village not overstocked with holiday makers and kids running riot, so the beach is somewhat quiet to , its nothing like the major resorts of yarmouth - cromer and the likes but its nice and laid back propper norfolk as i like to think of it.

Enjoy and comment if you want, i am looking at doing a few more coastal visit vlogs for folks hey maybe members will want to come take short breaks on our lovely coast lines