• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

F1 2017

Voicon

SURPRISE!!

Were Ferrari sand-bagging?

1. Seb V

2. Max

3. Daniel Shoey

4. Kimi Leave me Alone

5. Lewis

6. Valterri

Quite a few were bashing the wall, including both Ferraris .... and ....

BOTH Hondas in Q3!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Not even bothered to watch it, good on seb to get pole though.

its getting boring now, like when Schumacher was always winning at Ferrari, all the other teams jumped in and new regs were set in place, since then it has been a struggle to get a complete package together for race day.

id rather do something with the kids than watch it of late.......

Hmm, six races left and I don't think there's enough of a gap to say it's a foregone yet.

Hamilton takes a hit somewhere for a DNF, that would leave him 3pts in front. That's only a 2nd place to Sebs 1st.

I know going by the tracks coming up that Hamilton is probably now favourite but there's still 6 chances for something to take Hamilton out of a race.

1 hour ago, Smoothybb said:

Hmm, six races left and I don't think there's enough of a gap to say it's a foregone yet.

Hamilton takes a hit somewhere for a DNF, that would leave him 3pts in front. That's only a 2nd place to Sebs 1st.

I know going by the tracks coming up that Hamilton is probably now favourite but there's still 6 chances for something to take Hamilton out of a race.

We can live in hope I suppose......:whistling:

Great racing by the Ferraris - couldn't happen to a nicer chap .... bit harsh!

Don't know what it is about Seb. When the pressure's off, he interviews well - really nice chap. When the pressure's on, he gets the red mist!

Loved that blond interviewing Lewis before the race - jumping in the car with him giving a live feed, with Lewis saying 'you'll pay for this' .... !!

Poor old Max stuck in the middle of a non-communicative Ferrari sandwich - Lewis gifted a win on a plate, including a dodgy gearbox in the Red Bull meaning Lewis had to 'race slowly'!!

Guy Martin programme?

BRILLIANT - just finishing it now.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

Vettel is his own worst enemy sometimes. This time his over aggressive driving cost him big time. Not impossible for him to still win the championship but now a long shot and with Hamilton having a race in hand over Vettel he could have a DNF and would still lead the championship. 

Turns out not to to have been a mechanical problem with Riccardos gearbox but an oil pressure problem that could have lead to gearbox failure if the pressure had fallen much further..

Quote from Riccardo after the race about the gearbox issue. 

Ultimately it didn’t change shape of race," he said. "That wasn’t reason we were second and not first.”

Also

Asked whether Ricciardo could have won the race if not for the gearbox problem, Horner said: “We certainly could have been closer and put a bit more pressure on, but I think it’s very different conditions today - with the rain, the rubber being gone, it’s cooler than Friday, they were all factors.

“Mercedes, particularly Lewis – we had Valtteri [Bottas] covered, but Lewis had a really strong day.”

John

Edited by johninderby

Bet Lewis will want to be interviewed by her again!!

I caught all of that - means Lewis has a good engine and other gubbins - and it was the 'type 3 spec' previous engine, not that latest one he was using!

Sorry for Alonso - could have been a top 6 finisher - fitting 'end' for Honda.

At least if Kyvat is kept on, they won't have an engine failure before he stuffs it - reliability will appear to increase substantially!!

Al.

I like Vettel when he's doing well and relaxed he's a funny guy but when under pressure he's his own worst enemy.

Ferrari have not come out well from the weekend, first they tell all the media they are not allowed to interview any memebr of the team thats not official and then put out a tweet basically blaming verstappen for the crash when everyone else thinks it's Vettel. 

Pierre Gasly to replace Kvyat for the next 2 races to evaluate his performance as a replacement to Sainz next season, Kvyat is expected to be back in the USA and to be resigned next season.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12471/11054057/pierre-gasly-replaces-daniil-kvyat-at-toro-rosso-for-next-races

I think Kvyat has received a lifeline with this Renault deal, I expected him to be out.

Edited by Voicon

Wouldn't say nowhere ...

Properly fast throughout qualifying.

Unfortunate for Vettel - I won't lose any sleep over that!! Should make the race more interesting - so much room on this track.

More unfortunate for the mechanics - fantastic job of changing an engine within 2 hours.

Pity they're calling it a day in Malaysia - loads of room for overtakes - with some tight corners (he who brakes last ...) and long straights!

Al.

I wouldn't say 'gaming', but they're throwing in upgrades or simple theoretical changes which SHOULD give more performance, but which are harder in practice getting the time - the rest is up to the drivers.

Sure enough, a certain person ups the ante yet again and gets the job done.

Watching the race on TV now - and the end on my laptop - and won't give the game away for any fans ... good race and a couple of surprises.

GREAT Motorsport day today with BTCC on later - starting 10:30 ITV4 / Sky 120.

Al.

Suzuka this weekend!!

FANTASTIC circuit.

Sheer speed in qualifying and the frontal shots showing the extreme grip are fantastic.

Needless to say, Lewis did it again, pole #71 and 1.7" than the previous fastest outright.

Valtteri was 2nd but a gearbox change moved him back 5 places.

Front row is LH / SB with the Bulls just behind - and little chance of overtakes without banzai ones - remember Alonso several years ago?

Speaking of whom, he got into the top 10 - good effort.

Al.

Palmers gone after this race then, Sainz will replace him and Gasly will replace Sainz, Kyvat will be back and it's a lifeline for him if you ask me.

Love Suzuka, a fast starting RB could mix things up at the start, they have nothing to lose but Ham and Vet do.

Well here's a sign of technology moving on - hybrids and that ....

18 Ferrari mechanics cannot change 6 spark plugs within 1 hour!!

Wow, can't wait for the new technology to reach the average Joe ... !!

Imagine calling out the AA/RAC/Green Flag and them saying ... 'I'm sorry, I'll have to tow you to the Dealership, you need to have your spark plugs changed'!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624