• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dragon hammer v2

pringles

3 minutes ago, CMK said:

Thanks Rover man :) 

Does that have a shelf life or am i ok to have that for say a month etc?>

I`ve left 3-4 ltes for well over a month and then used it with no probs...:good:....i jus cover it up and leave it in the shade in the bak garden....

Edited by evssv

3 minutes ago, CMK said:

Thanks Rover man :) 

Does that have a shelf life or am i ok to have that for say a month etc?>

Ive left it for over 6 months with no issue lol. Just use a good quality metal jerry can like...................

jerry-can-red-5-litre-steel-98-600x600.p

And give it a very good shake before you use it just to re mix the oil 

• Like 1

Hopefully the roller, maybe if very very lucky lol the RTR but wont be disappointing  if i get the roller. :rolleyes: though was told i couldn't complain if she turned up with either that or a losi 5t  , my answer didn't go down too well :boredlook:

Big Welcome CMK :)

Well your choice of going for the Dragon would be a superb choice :)

Myself being the person that did ALL the testing for the Dragon's in Europe with FID,

And the reason from my feedback that we now have the V2 Dragon's ;)  

I can assure you they are an awesome bit of kit :)

And with my newly designed Wider extenders fitted, they're planted better than ever in the twisty stuff :)

I've put together a package now that means you get all the good stuff included right out of the box :)

So there's none of this -

'spend a shed load of coin out, and then having to upgrade it straight away just to make it work' ;)

I've now included on top of the package -

Tuned Pipe (£100)

Wider Extenders (£90)

Spare 5th wheel (£50)

All for the same £995 price tag :)

I run mine with a 36cc Rovan Engine installed,

Hitec D845WP in the steering

Savox 0240 in the throttle/brake

30° North 'signature' Mini-pins

I'm the reason Steven & Joel from Rcmaxx UK bought their (both good friends of mine) 

In our local club we have 5 people that run Dragons now and use them more than their 5ive's now :)

I have an X2 with an OBR 46 fitted, and take my Dragon out more these day's ;)

If you've looked on YouTube for Dragons you've probably found mine and our groups at NWRCC (Northwest Rc Club) 

As for fitting an X2/5ive-T body & cage over it,

Yes it's a perfect fit wheelbase wise :)

You just need to mod the cage and make up some mounting points to do it :)

I've Lots of photos with one fitted over the Dragon should you need any :)

I have several Dragon groups on Facebook & our NWRCC group too should you want to join us :)

• Like 1

Hi Hoss, sorry for the delay in replying i could see you had posted but couldn't find it for love nor money lol,  my fault for having multiple tabs on the forum open i guess. 

Thanks for the welcome :D  id love to see the body pics of the X2/5ive-T body & cage over it on the dragon if that's possible please? 

Aww yes iv heard of you think iv seen you in a few Youtube vids too. very cool cant get better person to speak to than that for questions lol.

guessing the rover engines are good then if you use them heard mixed view's of rovan engines/ well rovan items in general people say are junk. but always take things like that with pinch of salt and then do research. 

Is that better more powerful than the Dragon hammer RTR version with the  Zenoah G320.

getting to overload point of information at the moment, so excuse if im not able to reply as quickly as  googling a lot of stuff  :) 

That deal sounds very good ;) were would i find that deal? to pass on to my other half :D 

thanks to everybody for the warm welcome and what must be noobie questions.

7 minutes ago, CMK said:

Hi Hoss, sorry for the delay in replying i could see you had posted but couldn't find it for love nor money lol,  my fault for having multiple tabs on the forum open i guess. 

Thanks for the welcome :D  id love to see the body pics of the X2/5ive-T body & cage over it on the dragon if that's possible please? 

Aww yes iv heard of you think iv seen you in a few Youtube vids too. very cool cant get better person to speak to than that for questions lol.

guessing the rover engines are good then if you use them heard mixed view's of rovan engines/ well rovan items in general people say are junk. but always take things like that with pinch of salt and then do research. 

Is that better more powerful than the Dragon hammer RTR version with the  Zenoah G320.

getting to overload point of information at the moment, so excuse if im not able to reply as quickly as  googling a lot of stuff  :) 

That deal sounds very good ;) were would i find that deal? to pass on to my other half :D 

thanks to everybody for the warm welcome and what must be noobie questions.

Yeah for my sins I've been in a few of the Rcmaxx Vids on YouTube too :D

You're very welcome on the information :)

Very happy to help :)  

Unfortunately my photo files are too large to just add to the post unless I spend some time uploading to a sharing site ;)

But find me on Facebook

Mark (HOSS) Sanders

And I'll happily share photos & info with you on stuff :)

I'm working on another new upcoming buggy soon the 30° North Buggy :)

The offer I'm talking about is live on the RcModelz website now :)

We offer it as 

Roller,

ARTR

Or you can have it built up for you should you choose that option :)

Now spec wise, and by that I mean the Alloy colouration,

I've worked with FID to make them 'mostly' polished Silver Alloy from now on :)

But I have a limited number that are 'Silver & Red' and being 'Mostly' RED Alloy,

But once those are gone, then they'll be mostly Polished Silver from then on ;)

Thanks Mark appreciate it very much:D   will be looking for the photos etc asap, 

Thanks for the heads up regarding the red/silver version as well read my mind on that lol

Would you go for the rovan over the zenoah engine for the build/kit?

does it come out faster top speed wise?  what speed does yours top out of? :rolleyes:50mph?+/-  lol 

• Like 1

Sorry forgot to answer about the Rovan engine's :)

Rovan did have a bad name,

But over the last 4 years we've been working with them, and thing's have Massively improved :)

And as a company they listen, which is superb :)

Now the Engines,

They've been fantastic during testing, and several in the club now run them instead of their Zenoah G320 engines,

Myself included ;)

Power is Great, 

And are standing up to all our punishments so far :D

And for their price tag, it's hard to fault ;)

They will 100% cross parts with the Zenoah G units, 

So anyone wanting to use those Rovan parts with theirs they can do ;)

If you wanted to put one in as part of the Dragon package deal, you'd need to ring the shop to ask if that's possible :)

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but I've always red comments Pando was it the version 2 or 1?

Could you go in detail? From what I've read apart from hcog and the v1 tyres it's pretty durable so could you expand on your opinion? I'm looking at DH v2 or a vekta already have a hurrax pyrad and a losi 5 with the obr 46. Design wise the DH is very sexy (opinion lol) the vekta recently caught me eye when fitted with the maxxis trebs. Anyway please share your experience with the DH. 

Edited by Jrod
Wanted to expand on my question

• 1 month later...
On 25/01/2017 at 18:09, Pistonhead said:

It's all relative to their design briefs - a trophy truck like the Vekta etc, is designed to cross large chunks of rough, open terrain as fast as possible - whereas a wrc machine or a 5ive are meant for lightning quick direction changes on twisty, smooth(er) tracks. Both can do the stuff the other can, just far less efficiently.

And this is the exact reason why I get so wound up every time someone here used to put up Ken Block in another one of his showboating video's, That man can't drive for toffee.

Sorry, Off subject.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi is Stephen from RCMAXX UK  here.^_^

Is been almost 2 yrs since I have had the dragon hammer and finally here is my review of it.  It started as a V1 and throughout the ownership I bought a few of the improvements from the V2. Yes V1 had some problems, tyres and the stance causing the body rolls... both have been sorted out for the V2. V2 is perfect out of the box now. Even with it's flaws when it was a V1 I still loved it because of the awesome design and engineering.
For me, I would say this truck is really the best 5th scale out there. I know this quite a bold statement, but please understand this is just my view. Whilst owning a Losi 5ive T (which is also an awesome platform), I have found that I enjoy the dragon hammer a lot more. As only one can marvel the engineering that has gone into the design.
The drive is brilliant and it offers great handling with its V2 stance. Further with the extended hubs it just grips the terrain really well. With a Zenoah 320 you are going to get an excellent pick up, now I believe it even comes with a 36cc stock!  Is got no problem in handling jumps at all. Yes there are some chats about nose diving. But taking a jump the right way you won't have the problem. One thing to recommend is to double check the brake pads is not holding onto the disc after letting go of the trigger on jumps. That was what I found for me, so no issues there.
Everyone will enjoy owning this truck! At the end of the day this is about the joy of ownership. Is it faster better and more agile than a losi 5ive?  I don't think you can answer that question, due to choice in setups gearing and so on.
On a Losi 5T you have the choice of dropping in very large engines. The Dragon doesn’t have same flexibility in space. I am talking about these ALX engines, obviously then you have to go on spending money on everything else. Updated drive shafts uprated diff, diff cases...etc etc..
Are you looking to race with this or is it a basher? Again competitive 5th scale is quite niche right now, having said that, it is getting bigger and bigger with the 5B and the 30 degree buggies that are coming out.
To be fair I don't think the dragon is for competitive purposes, unless one day we are going to get a single rear axle class!!!   :D

My 5ive T is pretty much standard, again with a Zenoah 320 with a Bartalone pipe, it definitely needs a throttle mounting brace. Putting the brakes on the whole assembly just moves with not a lot of rigidity. A better intake is required to force more air into the car. The Uber RC option is great, same could be done with a X2 obviously. With these mods I think the Losi 5ive T is perfect, might want to tune the shocks and diffs a bit tho.

But for most I think everyone will be looking for a hassle free reliable bit of kit which looks awesome, drives well, fast, noisey and aggressive looking. The dragon ticks all of these boxes.
A new Losi 5t is almost 1 and a half grand now standard, the dragon hammer is well underneath that price. With great support in the UK from RCModelz, you can't go wrong with owning this thing. Reliability is just 2nd to none not to say a 5ive T is not reliable. I am not even going to talk about the Kraken here... I think is been addressed over and over again that is also a great bit of kit. But is one that requires numerous of upgrades out of the box to make it reliable, which amounts to a small fortune. The choice is yrs get something great out of the box, or other choices which requires a bit more to make it in to a reliable bit of kit.

Joel from RCMAXX UK had a dragon, he loved the ownership too. He comes from a different angle that he enjoys to experiment what different kits have to offer, so he had to move on. This also give the videos more variety with interesting content going forwards.

For me the dragon is always going to be my first 5th scale, and one that I have had some great memories from it from the unboxing with Joel all the way to the upgrades and drag races which we have been doing.

From owning it I have made a lot of friends discovering this hobby. Hoss, John and the RCModelz crew.

Above all, is also a birthday present from my wife, so is not one that I am going to be selling.

I hope this helps anyone who is looking at getting a V2 dragon hammer or getting into 5th scale rc!! Check out the latest upgrade the one piece alloy rear axle!

dragon hammer axle.JPG

Edited by kumadoken

Had a v2, hated it, sold it and got a 30 degree north truck now I'm happy. As for hassle free and reliablity with the DH, maybe if you get good one but I've seen people snapping rear drive shafts and diff cups, servo savers locking up and stripping servos, but each to there own as they say, would be boring if we all like the same RC's