• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Outback Ranger

t2boats

Just now, t2boats said:

@Wabom1981  yep it's all testing!! I'm always fiddling around with these rc's, trying things. It's half the hobby!

@mamodman  they're in stock direct with FTX! 

I wanted to like this post but the msuk robots tell me that I'm only allowed 15 likes per day, so just to let you know I like this! 

• Like 1

Just now, Wabom1981 said:

I wanted to like this post but the msuk robots tell me that I'm only allowed 15 likes per day, so just to let you know I like this! 

Ha! Do they?!? Didn't know that.. :huh:

Has anyone ever attempted to make custom steering links?? 

Being in the motor trade I have access to copper brake pipe, was wondering if that could be used and just finds rose joint ends to fit M3. Appropriate sized tap and away with it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wabom1981 said:

Has anyone ever attempted to make custom steering links?? 

Being in the motor trade I have access to copper brake pipe, was wondering if that could be used and just finds rose joint ends to fit M3. Appropriate sized tap and away with it!

Could you find some M3 rose joints to fit the stock ali steering arms? Tap out an M3 hole in the ali knuckle arms then..

1 minute ago, t2boats said:

Could you find some M3 rose joints to fit the stock ali steering arms? Tap out an M3 hole in the ali knuckle arms then..

Was just thinking that myself! Might take a little trial and error to find some with the correct sized ball. But don't see why that wouldn't work. 

Had a little run on the garage arena tonight, there's something quite pleasing when one wheel decides to lift free!  Last picture is the latest mod to my ever snapping steering bolt, seems to be holding well so far. IMG_6307.thumb.JPG.a8fcc48ee88add4bac162115e641424c.JPGIMG_6308.thumb.JPG.8059deb791aa2ef17cd19bd69354719c.JPGIMG_6310.thumb.JPG.1e59074db923d36ca45bce174513dab9.JPGIMG_6311.thumb.JPG.da759b8e579dae0f0a95364328aa14b2.JPGIMG_6312.thumb.JPG.9a5a25aae2da2df8d3aa7585f8771184.JPG

• Like 2

Looking good, :thumbsup:    W/Spin say they have the the Aluminium Knuckles in near the end of August, told him about the chat on here he was interested and laughed when I told him he better order more bits - just going out into garden now to try my Tundra with the L.E.Ds fitted to see if It is any good as a slug killer!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:03, mamodman said:

I posted this yesterday but can't find it anywhere so I post again, I had a blue Allegro, on approaching a roundabout with the family on board the front unit holding the front wheel on snapped, limped home with numerous jubilee clips holding it on , got it welded - the chap in the garage said O it often happens, after the second time it went via a dealer - I told him of the fault - he said yes I know it's annoying isn't it :lol:

Hi mamodman,

Sorry for the delay in answering you, been very busy building a lean to on the side of the house as the old was falling down !!

Not so easy as I'm getting older ?

So glad to know some one who owned an Allegro, not too many admit to it !!!!!

Anyway you were right as regards the make and a good guess but wrong with the model, I wasn't expecting anyone to know what it is unless you're a serious Triumph fan ?

Its a one off, the only one of its kind ?

A Triumph Fury, prototype for the stag.

My first father in law restored classic and vintage cars, he also restored a Triumph TRX known as the Bullet designed by Walter Belgrove only 2 and an half made because of a fire in the factory in 1950. 

The video fails to mention it has 4 hydraulic jack one in each corner so wheel changes are easy and you can take the bonnet off anyway you like as well  and also the bench seat is hydraulic !!!

Meeting up with Basher on the weekend for trial bash up the Castle with his motor converted Outlaw to see if its up to crawler the banks?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spiderman said:

Anyway you were right as regards the make and a good guess but wrong with the model, I wasn't expecting anyone to know what it is unless you're a serious Triumph fan ?

I puzzled over that photo, I even thought it might be an altered Spitfire but you got me, never heard of that model I love the Stag one of my favourites of all time,my first car was a Bond mini-car 3 wheeler, fixed offset steering wheel, convertible, it had a T shaped tool that came with it, you used it to lift the front half of the bonnet so you could KICK start it and leg round and jump in to keep it going - you prayed you never stalled in heavy traffic, only 1 door on passenger side, mine was red and fawn hood, I loved it, you could buy a bag of precut squares to replace the in the clutch, boy did that burnt clutch corks :lol: I would really love to have her back, but speed bumps would be a killer !!!!!!! Love the video by the bye

Glad you got the lean to sorted out, and you are meeting up with bashers over the weekend. Can find anyone round here.

My Astra club is due for replacing, but it is a great estate, but we need to get power chair and scooter in - so thinking of a S/Hand iconnect, at 70+ wife is still on L plates - don't laugh so we can fit a ramp,  Have a good time

Fred 

bond-mk-c-00.jpg

Edited by mamodman

So today I snapped yet another steering bolt!! Admittedly I was hung up on a rock and giving it a hard bashing!

so here you see another version of the steering that I'm trying out until payday arrives and I can begin project "strong steer" 

ive mounted the drag link under the steering knuckles now in an attempt to reduce the forces applied to the bolt via the link from the servo. 

Have also moved the balljoint on the servo arm to the lower hole to keep the link inline with the knuckle. 

IMG_6321.thumb.JPG.67319ad8d8d02d2f34b857c1ed34591c.JPGIMG_6322.thumb.JPG.9ba8062fdb9d7b98749d44433b664686.JPG

• Like 1

That's a terrible shame on you, it does seem as if it's a weak point, I was going to get out with mine today but it is belting down, managed to a bag of Scottish pebbles to add to my garden track, just waiting for grandson to get them out of car - will let you know how it goes :lol:, as I said a shame about steering bolt, if I had a spare I'd send you one, hope the put you up fix works - could it be the aluminium knuckle bolt?

Edited by mamodman

Thanks Fred, I've got a good collection of replacement bolts as I kind of expected some issues with a beefed up servo and heavy wheels. 

When it snaps it's flush with the top of the steering knuckle so I'm hoping it was mainly due to the force being applied high up on the bolt. With it being lower down now it should have a little less stress hopefully.

back out in the garden now I think!! 

Hope you get a break in the weather soon Fred, look forward to seeing some pictures of you truck on the trail?

• Like 1

I feel my wife is starting to get into the crawler way of thinking! 

She brought me these logs and said "I thought you could build something for your truck" 

IMG_6323.thumb.JPG.50fcb5be3a1e7ca8d2129b7b197af2de.JPG

so I did!

IMG_6330.thumb.JPG.c91a2a19484e94dbed92a9a91c4543b2.JPG

IMG_6327.thumb.JPG.5c9dcf758e3fd747c6c906ab933861bc.JPG

IMG_6328.thumb.JPG.4c9e747ec5a5db0dc4b2d23ce31e7a7d.JPGIMG_6329.thumb.JPG.6d3753f7f398225ce1ec944567ad979a.JPGIMG_6326.thumb.JPG.c337bc2ecf7f8b11fd8d138e41dd075c.JPG

It's great fun although the natural wood doesn't offer as much grip as I'd hoped, so will be on the lookout for some more logs to fill gaps and make adaptations with. 

• Like 2

I'm liking the way your wife thinks Wabom..  :good: mine would be more than happy to just buy me a stick of dynamite for my sheds' collection of rc cars :huh:  why can't some women appreciate having a hobby and interest is a good thing - instead of sat watching soaps and Facebook at the same time! :ack:  

• Like 2

Yes, there are some good ones out there, my wife has widened some of the path way so I can get round a bit better, got bag of Pebbles so working on upgrading course, buy your wife a bar of chocolate and let her have a go of the truck - you never know she may want one :lol: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I always offer the controls to her when she's around but she's having none of it! Will wear her down eventually! 

She did have a go on my brushless converted maverick monster truck a while back and I think it may of scared her a bit, it's a tad mental!

sounds like you have a good one too Fred! Great that you can get about the garden better!

its great to have this hobby, always something new to try or modify!

I think I'll head off now to catch up on eastenders and inform Facebook that "I've just had my dinner LOL" ????  

How's the outdoor trial course going t2boats?

your lad still loving the truck?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wabom1981 said:

How's the outdoor trial course going t2boats?

your lad still loving the truck?

Yes we need to know how the little fella is doing :thumbsup: