• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Mini 8ight is still giving me a headache...

bombercountynick

@Deafty they Seem racer orientated, still suited to bashing? I don't mean skatepark 20ft in the air bashing but I like to use my trucks outdoors. 

Im Looking at the LC truggy, but interested in converting it to Lwb buggy using the phat bodies shell and some stock losi/EMB buggy wheels?

As from what I have read the truggy shares the same arms with the buggy its simply the 1/10th rear wheels that give it the truggy width?

I take it I would also need to remove the truggy body posts and fab my own for the phat bodies shell ?

Could swap over my ez run ESC / hitec servo. Put the stock LC parts into my mini 8ight and sell the mini 8ight on....sort of makes sense. 

I do love the scale and way my mini 8ight handles just want reliability !!!!

Edited by bombercountynick

@bombercountynick

ok:  So I'll try to get this right....

• 2 of mine are bashers so no problems there.
  • Lc truggy wheels have a huge proprietry offset.  11-12mm if memory serves me well.  You could us hex extenders with std buggy rims (Lc ones are 15mm)
  • If all u want is a LWB you'll be better of buying the buggy kit, add your leccy gear, and get:
  1. Long chassis
  2. Long centre shaft
  3. Long top plate
  4. Long sideguards (not essential)
  5. maybe body mounts but I don't think so.
  6. May as well run the truggy motor to cos its a beast :lol:  shorter (expected) run times mind you.

That'll save you some coin ;)0 euro

Or buy the rtr emb1 h and do the same but check the costings, it used to be cheaper this way (was for me)

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 1

Ordering some shock caps for it next week then getting it ready to sell.

Replaced it with an emb. I've picked up the truggy but looking to convert it to a lwb buggy using the phat bodies shell and finding some wheels to suit... may leave the truggy wheels on if it doesn't look too bad. 

I've never raced before, I'd love a go at indoor carpet racing with this, or on the clay at robin hood raceway. I did buy the B5M with intention on having a bash at some racing but I prefer my mini's! I have no idea what class (if any at all) this will fall into being lwb but i'm not bothered about competing I'd be happy to just to get it around a track :)

I'm contemplating on swapping out the hobbywing 60a esc from the mini 8ight, probably hitec servo. Putting the stock bits back into the mini 8ight to sell on. I'll use the stock LC radio/tx in the mini 8ight too so it's fully RTR

truggy.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bombercountynick said:

Ordering some shock caps for it next week then getting it ready to sell.

Replaced it with an emb. I've picked up the truggy but looking to convert it to a lwb buggy using the phat bodies shell and finding some wheels to suit... may leave the truggy wheels on if it doesn't look too bad. 

I've never raced before, I'd love a go at indoor carpet racing with this, or on the clay at robin hood raceway. I did buy the B5M with intention on having a bash at some racing but I prefer my mini's! I have no idea what class (if any at all) this will fall into being lwb but i'm not bothered about competing I'd be happy to just to get it around a track :)

I'm contemplating on swapping out the hobbywing 60a esc from the mini 8ight, probably hitec servo. Putting the stock bits back into the mini 8ight to sell on. I'll use the stock LC radio/tx in the mini 8ight too so it's fully RTR

truggy.jpg

have you got a link to where you got it?

Yes mini 8ight wheels. 

However the rear wheels don't tighten up enough on the hex, they are wobbly even when the nut is tightened up to the end of the thread!

I'm unsure what buggy wheels will work. It doesn't look bad on the stock LC truggy wheels but I want to make it a proper buggy !

Did you want the stock truggy shell dude ?

Hmm I've never fitted the m8 rims but I do have m8 alu hubs with no probs. 

Most run 1:10 touring rims with schuey rally blocks.  They are great on carpet.  Any higher Traction rolling becomes an issue.   You will think they are small hence my truggy size comment to the stock buggy ones.

Yes please.  to the lid.  It is ugly but only for the nephew :lol:

You want a few full sets of new touring rims in return?

• Like 1

I'll take some photos of the wheel issue tomorrow. Fronts nip up fine but rears don't !

What other tyres will go onto 10th TC wheels? I'd like to run it on astro so mini pins / spirals would be nice. 

I took it up the road for a quick blast and it seemed awfully sluggish compared to my mini 8ight?

I have swapped out the speedo for my hobbywing 60a what I had In the 8ight, which also runs an LC racing buggy motor so I was a bit perplexed really?

I was wondering whether they gear the truggy differently to compensate for the larger wheels ?

Think my 8ight is running 16 or 17t to a 60t spur. 

The truggy feels really tight maybe worth looking at the slipper. I still know very little about leccy, do the motors take time to bed in?

Pm me address regards shell, if you have some wheels spare then that would be super :good:

Cheers. 

pm'd before reading this sry.

Schumacher mini pins are available but talk to Capriboy as they may offer too much grip.  Yellow compound either way. The softer (white I think) are only good for 15 mins :lol: but awesome.

The truggy has a smaller pinny than the buggy.  But you'll think differently once on a track, speed is relative to the space u have.

Motors are pretty much plug and go but I always take it a little easier for the 1st couple a packs (well I try too :lol:

only have 1 rtr emb and the slipper was tight.  Worth noting is I never have found a suitable tool to reach the slipper so have always had to remove the top deck (6 screws) .  Remember this when routing cables!  or tell me what tool works :lol:

Reading through i have used m8 wheels on my emb with no problems, i did it to give a test between the 2 and tried to keep their set ups as close as possible to get a better test done.

20130930_180226-1_zps9020b6c5.jpg

Si