• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KING MOTOR X2 review

just rolling

Depends, i clean my x2 after each run so dont think i need them, if u can get some sheet plastic and using cable ties try make some wheel arch type things to cable tie onto the roll cage. Ideally the more ***** u can keep outta the x2 the better, i ended up buying cheap plastic folders from poundland and using the main cover to make the covers. I also got some mesh for the front window and rear cage which i also cable tied on, it all helps as when u start zooming about ya not arsed about the state of it untill its cleaning up time

• Like 2

do rcmodelz sell the losi diffs as I was going to get them from modelsport, also what diff oil did you put in

I use area rc alloy diff cups and 30 degrees north inturnals mate. Held up well with a Scott Finlay 32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Wt and CST are both just units of measurement for determining how viscous the shock oil is.

So the only difference in wt and CST is that Americans use the wt and pan Asia/Europe uses CST/CSP

Found this info on a random site

thickness of the oil is officially rated in Centi Stokes "Cts".
Centi Poise (nowadays called Pascal per second) is the result of the Centistokes value magnified with the density of the oil.
Normally for silicone oil this value is 0.9875 = almost 1.0

An other known and used American rating is WEIGHT "WT". 
This WT or W rating is a non world standard and is introduced by Associated and not comparable between brands using this W or WT rating.

Thanks to Casper who found this remark on the net about SAE WT:

"Correct measures of viscosity are centi-stokes, N/m^2, or poises, depending on how you define it. 
SAE WT is not really a measure of viscosity. The SAE scale was designed for classifying motor oils. For example SAE 30/40 means that the viscoity is one value (30) at one temperature and an equivalent (40) at the engine running temperature. When the number has WT after it this means "winter" so that the oil will have a particular value at I think 0 degrees Celsius. 
The main problem with using the SAE scale oil is that each SAE band can encompass a large variation in viscosity. For example one manufacturers SAE 5 can be anothers SAE 10 and both are within limits. Using the SAE scale oil is best only to compare one manufacturer. "

Concerning Cts the thinner the oil (fluid) the lower the number, the ticker the oil the higher the number. 
For normal shock absorber use, this rate may vary between 100 Cts until 900 Cts.
Nowadays we use O-ring sealed diffs, so we can use silicone oil in the diffs instead of thick grease. 
For diffs the rate may vary between 1.000 Cts (loose) up to even 500.000 Cts (very, very, stiff).

Some USA based companies still are using the "WT" weight rating, where Japanese and European companies use the better linear industry standard Centi Stokes or Centi Poise rating. 
A lot off people think that the ratings between the "WT" and "Cts/Cps" ratings are linear but this isn't the case.

i only found this out myself after a fellow member asked what shocks oil I was using in my kyosho arc

• Like 2

That's a good find.

It seems like the CST is more linear, the 'WT' non-linear.

I prefer Associated oils - and they indicate both Weigt and CST on their bottles.

It's been said that Losi Weight ratings are different to Associated ones ... so I suppose simply stating 'I put 30 Weight in the front shocks' is very vague.

Al.

PS  That video was great, just didn't like the music ... moving on!!

• Like 1

X2 still alive, ordered a zenoah g320 to fit and stock engine into a hpi baja. Baja goes great but glad i swapped all the km clutch etc over, the x2 worked great but after taking the clutch etc off to fit engine into baja 1 of the 2 clutch shoes was badly worn, 1 looked new and 1 very worn, not good but worked ok or it seemed like it did, km clutch into the bin

• Like 1

Fitted a new zenoah g320, it sure does shift now, was great with km 30.5 but now its getting a little bit crazy lol, ordered a 20t pinion and spacer kit. Still want plenty drifting so just going to try going up 1 tooth, everything working great today, all is well, still on stock exhaust which goes great

• Like 2

Nice mate. That's exactly what I did too. Iv got the same bartalone pipe as carpmart has for sale. Great pipe[emoji1303] bartalone also do a 32 specific pipe too. My x2 is getting worked on at the moment

• Like 1

I like the noise of the km pipe but it sure does annoy the dog walkers, a bit quieter would be good lol, its starting to zoom about like a 1/8 buggy, crazy for the size and weight of it

• Like 1

I like the noise of the km pipe but it sure does annoy the dog walkers, a bit quieter would be good lol, its starting to zoom about like a 1/8 buggy, crazy for the size and weight of it

You might end up going for a silenced pipe then mate. The Bart pipe I have sounds miles better. Bit deeper

It's a great sound at the moment, I take it bloody miles away from houses etc and keep off the footy pitches but they still do the stare of death lol, seems the stock g320 is a 5 or 6,000 spring, sure red km is 8,000? More drift power for super slides with 8,000?

Edited by just rolling

Do you ever feel it's 'bogging' with the lower-speed bite point?

Might be nice to have a gentle start option - you'll probably still be able to spin the wheels with full throttle anyway - 2WD?

I think most go for an 8k 'red' anyway, but you'll lose a little driveability.

I think there's a 9.5k if you really want .... !!

Al.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scotty napalm said:

Nice mate. That's exactly what I did too. Iv got the same bartalone pipe as carpmart has for sale. Great pipeemoji1303.png bartalone also do a 32 specific pipe too. My x2 is getting worked on at the moment

Wotcha doing to x2? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Do you ever feel it's 'bogging' with the lower-speed bite point?

Might be nice to have a gentle start option - you'll probably still be able to spin the wheels with full throttle anyway - 2WD?

I think most go for an 8k 'red' anyway, but you'll lose a little driveability.

I think there's a 9.5k if you really want .... !!

Al.

No bogging but am thinking even quicker jumping off the line with red spring 

That'll be right, no problem.

Get the right tyres and they'll bite no problem, rip up a bit of dirt, frighten a dog walker - joking, I like dogs but know where you're coming from with 'the look'!! - and you're laughing!

Al.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, atom3624 said:

That'll be right, no problem.

Get the right tyres and they'll bite no problem, rip up a bit of dirt, frighten a dog walker - joking, I like dogs but know where you're coming from with 'the look'!! - and you're laughing!

Al.

I like dogs so I keep away from them but the walkers still just hate me for causing no harm and having fun lol, using stock x2 truck tires, prefer them to my spikes as it slides all over but still shoots forward, great fun and only a odd roll