• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mydoddy's Tekno MT410

mydoddy69

4 minutes ago, Skinso said:

I'm a big child that can't hold out, mt410 ordered. Doddy did you ream any holes? Guy from tekno said not to drill anything as they free up after 10 mins

I reamed mine as I couldn't get the pins in they where just too tight .. 

Have fun fella it's a nice build ;) 

2 hours ago, Skinso said:

I'm a big child that can't hold out, mt410 ordered. Doddy did you ream any holes? Guy from tekno said not to drill anything as they free up after 10 mins

I had to ream the sct410 arms to go on well. If they both share the same track rods I suggest that you use a small amount of black grease on the threads as it will make it easier. 

2 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

I had to ream the sct410 arms to go on well. If they both share the same track rods I suggest that you use a small amount of black grease on the threads as it will make it easier. 

I use a drill on the rods makes life a breeze but I still add the grease makes life easier when adjusting ;) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

They are stupidly tight, worse I've ever built. 

Have you boken anything yet?

No nothing mine sadly isn't built yet only the lads one for now was meant to do mine yesterday but had to sort out the  X Maxx ready for its new home then I got called into work to cover .. Today I'm busy with the grandkids until later by which time I'll be knacketed lol so it will have to wait until Wednesday now  

15 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

No nothing mine sadly isn't built yet only the lads one for now was meant to do mine yesterday but had to sort out the  X Maxx ready for its new home then I got called into work to cover .. Today I'm busy with the grandkids until later by which time I'll be knacketed lol so it will have to wait until Wednesday now  

Do they have the metal a b c d blocks 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

No nothing mine sadly isn't built yet only the lads one for now was meant to do mine yesterday but had to sort out the  X Maxx ready for its new home then I got called into work to cover .. Today I'm busy with the grandkids until later by which time I'll be knacketed lol so it will have to wait until Wednesday now  Is that the x max and outcast going?

6 hours ago, Skinso said:

Is that the outcast and x max going?

The X Maxx has gone already the Outcast is next as is the Losi MT, mind you the X Maxx will be replaced with the new version come spring when it's released ..

I'm just waiting on parts for the outcast then its hitting the sales, no point having both the MT410 and Outcast there the same thing. 

It's nice to have the both I'm sure, outcast is a great bit of kit. I've 2 up for sale myself, the mt4 g3 and a bullet flux St. I've never sold any of my rc's so not sure on what the market is like in northern Ireland

1 minute ago, Skinso said:

Well mate is it built yet??

Built bashed and sold ! 

No only kidding. :P  been super super busy ive stuck it on a back burner for a while as the weather is just so crap can't even paint my shell it's either too cold too damp or too wet :( 

just sold the outcast though so maybe that will kick me to action ;) 

53 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Built bashed and sold ! 

No only kidding. :P  been super super busy ive stuck it on a back burner for a while as the weather is just so crap can't even paint my shell it's either too cold too damp or too wet :( 

just sold the outcast though so maybe that will kick me to action ;) 

That's no excuse.....I painted a shell just a few nights ago, although that was in the kitchen with the back door open....also used the cooker at around 55*C to speed up drying time :lol:

Painting in the house no thank you it stinks and the wife would most defiantly relive me of my testicles if I even dreamt of painting in her kitchen lol 

Theres some things I will push my luck on but the wife's kitchen is a big NO NO ! 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Painting in the house no thank you it stinks and the wife would most defiantly relive me of my testicles if I even dreamt of painting in her kitchen lol 

Theres some things I will push my luck on but the wife's kitchen is a big NO NO ! 

I'd get battered if I did it!

She hates me just boiling tyres off. The steam makes the laminate floor nice and slippy for a week. We've both ended up on our backsides afterwards at some point :lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skinso said:

I started building the mt410 then hit a problem with holes not countersunk on the chassis

Yep I saw the post shame about that but what a result on the outcome,  way to go Tekno ;) 

1 minute ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yep I saw the post shame about that but what a result on the outcome,  way to go Tekno ;) 

Tekno team have been very good, 1 of their reps from Greece has taken charge if it and sent out the chassis today

• Like 1

Finally got going on this but doing the time lapse vid is adding to build time, has to be put on hold for a few days as like a numpty a sat on my glasses lol 

Work so far 

7CB6FE56-6E7F-474F-BC24-069F9B22E76F_zps

Its a pleasure to build i must say ;) 

It's a good and easy build, pain in the ass bit for me is choosing your electrics and getting them to fit. I've the max8 fitted and now waiting on 2 Toro motors arriving from rcmart and a flysky receiver

9 minutes ago, Skinso said:

It's a good and easy build, pain in the ass bit for me is choosing your electrics and getting them to fit. I've the max8 fitted and now waiting on 2 Toro motors arriving from rcmart and a flysky receiver

Yeah I here ya I have the Hobbywing max8 combo sat here which I bought brand new just for this but now I'm having second thoughts.. Shoud have waited and got a nice Hobbywing XR8 plus 1900kv combo .. I might just wait until next month and get one then and stick this in the spares box but then agian I might just try it lol 

Whatever happens this will end up sensored at some point ;) 

Next decision for me is shocks do I upgrade the Pistons and caps or just stay true to the kit ? ??