• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help...now i remember why i went brushless...plz help

just rolling

.Bought a new king motor x2, sorted diffs etc and installed switchblade kill switch, so after many hours sorting it all out all i have now is sore fingers off the pullstart. Wheres best to start as it will not start? soldered the black to the black and the red to the red direct onto the ignition coil block thing and plugged in as normal. Lights on the kill switch seems all fine but will it hell fire up, also tried 1 other spark plus but still the same...nothing

all  batteries good yeah, i couldn't actually see a spark when i took the plug out and tried to fire it up to check for the spark, got a bloody electric shock tho, all light seem to be working on the killswitch thing

Make sure that the Switchblade is in 'run mode' i.e. The LED should be on with a very short off pulse.  In 'kill mode' the LED status will be the exact opposite (off with a very short on pulse).  

If you are not in run mode the engine will not start.  

Take a quick video if possible

To check for a spark you will need to ground the plug.

remove the plug, reconnect it to the cap and rest the threaded section on the engines cylinder head.  Then pull it over.  

Edited by Jolly_roger_uk
  • Like 1

Yeah the lights were working ok on the switchblade using the 3rd channel switch, tried upping the revs and choke, fuel deffo getting through. All stripped again and going to put the switch blade onto the kill switch wiring and then rebuild it 

Get a video up mate, will be easier to help you. Make sure you enable and disable the kill switch in the video. My kill switch is always disabled when I first turn my x2 on then I press the thirds channel and hear a little click then the light motion changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah when i first turn it on the kill switch is off, then i press the 3rd channel switch and it clicks and lights up as it should. Everything seems ok but just no firing up at all, gona rewire the switch in to the kill switch wiring on the engine, add a deans connector so i can rebuild it and try it both with and without the switchblade plugged in. Switchblade currently wired in with the ignition coil block wiring

checked all gaskets etc still no sign of life, got spark plus primer bulb filling up, tried with both switchblade kill switch plugged in and taken off, no difference, nothing

Some how the engine came alive lol, nothing was changed from 1 day all dead to the next and it lived lol, so i took it out to run the x2 in and.........pullstart fell apart. Prob my fault from previous attempts to get it started, new pullstart ordered and hopefully i run it tomorrow. King motor x2 sure does look good, quite a few red alloy upgrades fitted whilst its been sat lol and mudguards made for the shell / cage

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, just rolling said:

Some how the engine came alive lol, nothing was changed from 1 day all dead to the next and it lived lol, so i took it out to run the x2 in and.........pullstart fell apart. Prob my fault from previous attempts to get it started, new pullstart ordered and hopefully i run it tomorrow. King motor x2 sure does look good, quite a few red alloy upgrades fitted whilst its been sat lol and mudguards made for the shell / cage

Get some pics up!

Would love to see her running in a vid when she's been broken in

Cheers chaps i will sort some pics out once......i have ordered more parts and rebuilt it again lol. New pullstart came and its fitted with a metal pawl, got it started and all was going well. Then power seemed to be dying off and i thought it was the clutch, stripped it down and found the bloody centre diff melted to the centre diff mount. Great big hole in the plastic diff case and the fluid all over lol, oh the joy. Gona order the alloy centre diff mounts and a new diff case and try again, so far i have run half a tank, it sure makes some bloody noise and its quite good to drive, much better than the old fgs

Cheers chaps i will sort some pics out once......i have ordered more parts and rebuilt it again lol. New pullstart came and its fitted with a metal pawl, got it started and all was going well. Then power seemed to be dying off and i thought it was the clutch, stripped it down and found the bloody centre diff melted to the centre diff mount. Great big hole in the plastic diff case and the fluid all over lol, oh the joy. Gona order the alloy centre diff mounts and a new diff case and try again, so far i have run half a tank, it sure makes some bloody noise and its quite good to drive, much better than the old fgs

That's a strange 1 mate. Un lucky I think with that fault. If you are changing diff cups you might want to go for the alloy option I use area RC, but there is FID and very pricey stuff after that. Iv been putting 30 degree north internals in them too[emoji1303]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotty napalm said:

That's a strange 1 mate. Un lucky I think with that fault. If you are changing diff cups you might want to go for the alloy option I use area RC, but there is FID and very pricey stuff after that. Iv been putting 30 degree north internals in them tooemoji1303.png

Yeah thats the plan, the RC alloy mounts and 30degree internals, am hoping i have just had a whole lot of bad luck lol and i am due a whole lot of good running with this truck. It sure is loud but so much better than the old fgs, cant fault the x2 despite these problems as there such a good price and the alloy upgrades are mega cheap

• Like 2

Alloy diff  mounts installed with rubber sealed bearings and 30degree internals with a new plastic case, alloy clutch mount installed also with rubber sealed bearings, had to heat the bloody clutch bell thing up to get the screw out....was deffo gona snap my allen key first. All rebuilt and ready to try again tomorrow, pics will be taken and hopefully my heart not broken....again

• Like 2