• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Refreshed Maverick Strada Range

capri-boy

The Maverick Strada range gets a totally new look!

The popular 1/10th scale range of Strada vehicles from Maverick have just been updated with new body designs and more!

The 4WD drivetrain uses efficient ball bearings throughout to give drivers maximum runtime and efficiency, and features a molded gear cover to keep dirt and debris away from the gears. Front and rear gear differentials easily transfer the motor's power to durable driveshafts and finally to the pre-mounted tires at all four corners.

The Strada range all feature dual-wishbone independent suspension front and rear, with reliable C-hub style front hubs and extra-strong single-piece rear hubs. The powerful MS-22 servo controls the steering through a dual-point steering system that features an integrated servo saver to protect the servo against crash damage.

New! 
New for all the Maverick Strada vehicles are the gold-colored aluminium parts. Motor heatsink, chassis top plate, shock mounts and shock caps for the oil-filled shock absorbers. These all add an extra bit of color and style to the chassis, just to make it look even better than before

Finishing off every Maverick Strada car or truck is a fully detailed, completely painted and stickered body with an all-new design that looks amazing!  Plus the range gets a Desert Truck and Rally option for the first time ubder the Maverick badge!

Maverick Strada DT 1/10 RTR Electric Desert Truck MV12620

Maverick Strada MT 1/10 RTR Electric Monster Truck MV12615

Maverick Strada XB 1/10 RTR Electric Buggy MV12613

Maverick Strada DC 1/10 RTR Electric Drift Car MV12618

Maverick Strada XT 1/10 RTR Electric Truggy MV12614

Maverick Strada RX 1/10 RTR Electric Rally Car MV12619

Maverick Strada SC 1/10 RTR Electric Short Course MV12617

Maverick Strada SC 1/10 RTR Electric Short Course MV12617

View full news article

Maverick Strada's are excellent... The brushed versions are bullet proof. I have The 2014 XB, XT and an 2016 MT and I've driven them hard!.. I have upgraded the shock towers to CNC Milled after market alloy on two and carbon fiber on my XB.

For the price they are in my opinion the best budget/intro RTR out there. As many might know they are HiSpeed RC OEM so the after market parts are everywhere but Maverick has a slightly better chassis design, plastics and the alloy on the new Mavericks are superb. 

I've raced my upgraded XB and it did very well against other buggies in the range such as the Tamiya TT02B and FTX Vantage.

The only one I dont like is the new SC.. there is just something wrong with the body design... it looks to tall...

Agree the new SC body looks a little odd, though on a whole the new styles are excellent - much more grown up looking.  I've run a Strada SC (Himoto branded) for a long time, considering the ££ outlay it's been superb - cnc towers we're a welcome upgrade, not essential but very cheap, the only parts I felt needed changing for more intense use was the hubs and knuckles as the screws tended to strip out of the knuckles with repeated jumping on a track.  However as the cnc alloy parts we're a tiny fraction more expensive than stock plastic ones it wasn't an issue.

I haven't sourced a parts list, however visually it still looks like the MT will suffer from the shocks having too little travel, thus running out thereof before the chassis bottoms out.  

SC body might look odd as the wheels aren't normal SC 1/10th size.

Looks like nothing has changed on the chassis except the silver alloy bits are now gold.  Some of the new bodies are looking good.  

I need to "downgrade" from the alloy HSP parts on mine as pretty sure most of them made it worse.

Wonder if a new Maverick Scout is around the corner?

• 1 year later...

I realise this is a fairly old thread now. Absolute newbie to this, in fact so new that i am waiting for my first car to get delivered tomorrow haha. 

I have bought a maverick strada xt, did a bit of research and for my budget for my first car it seemed spot on. Only thing i am tripping myself over with is this...

What other cars are similar that i can use other parts from on it. I have seen a few images of the strada range with modified parts; wheels, suspension etc. I cant seem to find anywhere that sells parts that will fit that are not direct maverick strada xt parts. 

Does anybody know where i can find parts that are of a better quality? or in all seriousness are the exact parts enough for it? Although i am a newbie, i dont take up new hobbies lightly haha.

17 minutes ago, liamb said:

I realise this is a fairly old thread now. Absolute newbie to this, in fact so new that i am waiting for my first car to get delivered tomorrow haha. 

I have bought a maverick strada xt, did a bit of research and for my budget for my first car it seemed spot on. Only thing i am tripping myself over with is this...

What other cars are similar that i can use other parts from on it. I have seen a few images of the strada range with modified parts; wheels, suspension etc. I cant seem to find anywhere that sells parts that will fit that are not direct maverick strada xt parts. 

Does anybody know where i can find parts that are of a better quality? or in all seriousness are the exact parts enough for it? Although i am a newbie, i dont take up new hobbies lightly haha.

Also sold as a HSP/ himoto and redcat amongst many others.  I search HSP alloy and go by the pictures.

Alloy front hubs and carriers are a 'must' for me, rear hub carriers useful as well as alloy servo saver (or get a very strong servo and glue the stock saver - there's still so much flex in these you should be fine).  After that front and rear shock towers are good - my SCT version (himoto) had thin metal towers that bent like cheese - but bent back fine.