• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho arc build, help / advice / input wanted !!

Fly In My Soup

'Googling' for 2 minutes I determined Core RC shock oil is in CST.

Also that 1000 is approximately 80 wt Associated shock oil.

That is pretty thick but not for Largescale FG's, for example.

'Best Fit' for the FG MT was ~1500 - 2500 CST, most defaulting to ~2000.

Al.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

'Googling' for 2 minutes I determined Core RC shock oil is in CST.

Also that 1000 is approximately 80 wt Associated shock oil.

That is pretty thick but not for Largescale FG's, for example.

'Best Fit' for the FG MT was ~1500 - 2500 CST, most defaulting to ~2000.

Al.

Ahh ok.

Thanks al. I'm ordering more as we speak!

Arghh, she started bogging again this morning, so took her home, stripped the carb off etc, found a gasket had shifted to cover the lower fuel entry hole.

Sorted the gasket, and re assembled, now she won't start lmao!

She getting good spark, plug is wet when taken out so fuels getting through.

I dry the plug out, flip it upside down etc etc to unflood lower end, put plug back in, still nothing!

I'm stumped now, she's getting fuel, can't see any air issues, and she's getting spark. But no fire!

Found issue on weekend, another failed gasket, this time on the head side if tge  isolator block.

Ordered complete gasket set this time, still waiting for it to arrive.

Was posted from the Midlands on Monday first class!!

I think the Postie's should get some of these instead of their slow vans.....

Edited by Fly In My Soup
  • Like 1

Argh she still wont start/run properply.

She will start if wot applied, and stays applied, she's not reaching full rpm for the clutch to even engage properly, then when throttle let off she just dies, she's also firing fuel into air filter, not a lot by any means,  a mild residue, but I'm assuming this is from starting at wot

Here's what I've tried so far;

• stripped carb, spraying with c.cleaner, cleaning all jets, etc 

• re gapped coil

• changed spark plug for new, checked spark.

• fitted new carb gaskets, air and both sides of isolator block,checke pulse hole is clear

• torqued engine head bolts up to super tight, they Weren't loose anyway

• tried starting with air filter removed, then exhaust removed.

She seems to have great compression, although I do not have a compression tester.

I would say head gasket, however she did run great  with these gaskets, started etc etc not a problem.

It was as she was doing v.gentle runs, she started to bog on throttle, then just refused to start properly

May just purchase a new carb to eliminate that first, then try engine gaskets after that

Piston kit arrived today, was OK to fit, took around 30 minutes.

Compression feels much better now, will fit exhaust Tomorrow, then its time for a test. Should do a brief run in for new piston/ring ??

IMG_20161217_131608_zpskhqoobmi.jpg

IMG_20161217_235040_zpsspsaj5jg.jpgThought I'd fit this 2 stage filter, waiting for outerwear though, so for now she wears the k+n with shroud

IMG_20161217_235826_zpstex8bku5.jpg

Fleebay matey, cheapie one!!!

Its just the light I think !? When I compared it to zen/xmax head it looks same, whether they've had replacements I'm not sure.

Just a thought, seeing as you mentioned it, can you buy smooth ones, or modify it to be smooth, I.e sand and Polish?

3 hours ago, Scotty napalm said:

Alright mate, yeah just do a brief break in. We're you get that piston from that head looks a bit ruff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36mm with 30mm stroke Which I believe makes it a 30.5 cc

Xmax only sell two engines, 29 and 30.5 so it narrowed it down, plus I had help converting the bore to cc from dudes on here.

So I guest this would make this the fastest kyosho arc ever built, lmfao:lol:

Edited by Fly In My Soup

Rebuilt her, no joy, then fitted a entirely new carb ( had previously tried a used spare, and rebuilt +recleaned the original), she fired right up!!!

Video eta tomorrow afternoon!!!

P.s Christ this pipe is loud, it gives a nice throaty cracking pop on idle, a lot louder than the samba.

Its an fg big power pipe 5-038/dmc

• Like 1

I managed to get out today and do a few very short vids on the way home from mundane Xmas extended relative duties... Just wanted you guys to see it in action, however brief or crap the vid is.

Let me apologise for the crap res on the footage, borrowed my sons tablet to take these, cant wait till new year to take some good vids( Santa's bringing my son a 1080p action cam with live stream etc etc )

Just finished a mini break in of new piston/ring so didn't want to gun it too much, tires/wheels are letting it down big time I think, sturggling to transfer power, she's nearly destroying them (the foams have gone inside now as well)

Anyone know a good set of 17mm MT w/tires around?????  criteria is 17mm hex and o.diameter of min.150mm

• Like 1

Another quick video to test the arc and also a new cam.

Apologies for slightly hazy focus, I forgot to switch the autofocus on:P

She cuts out when the exhaust is plugged with crud after second wheelie

Edit, second video taken today. Final test run, got to open her up a bit more, I have noticed after fitting new carb that the carb butterfly isn't opening all the way, so will adjust servo arm sweep on the throttle side only so carb butterfly is 100% open instead of 90%.

So may see some more power yet!

Bid also ends with exhaust silicone tearing, so will have to use the dh Motorsport one ( excellent quality ) that I earmarked for the harm bx1.

Edited by Fly In My Soup
  • Like 1