• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New FTX OUTLAW 4WD

capri-boy

1 minute ago, Praet0r87 said:

Spoke to Alun. He's getting the Outback crawler early next month and this Outlaw desert truck late next month (on release, basically). The brushed Outlaw is only £140, which is a bargain in my opinion! The brushless... not so much! £240 for the same truck with the Etronix Photon 2.1 brushless system, which costs less than the £100 difference!

We'll do a reveal video on either, or both, if people are interested.

Anyway, he's offering free delivery on the Outlaw, if you want it? Never mentioned the Outback, but I don't see why he wouldn't offer the same, unless it has a waaaay lower RRP.

I'm still working on funds to get one, agree completely on the price difference for the BL version, sure the blue shell is nicer but if it proves a durable budget RC i'll be on the lookout for a clear shell anyway.

Just now, capri-boy said:

I'm still working on funds to get one, agree completely on the price difference for the BL version, sure the blue shell is nicer but if it proves a durable budget RC i'll be on the lookout for a clear shell anyway.

They look really good. For me, I prefer the red shell. So the brushed is a win-win ^_^

4 minutes ago, Praet0r87 said:

Spoke to Alun. He's getting the Outback crawler early next month and this Outlaw desert truck late next month (on release, basically). The brushed Outlaw is only £140, which is a bargain in my opinion! The brushless... not so much! £240 for the same truck with the Etronix Photon 2.1 brushless system, which costs less than the £100 difference!

We'll do a reveal video on either, or both, if people are interested.

Anyway, he's offering free delivery on the Outlaw, if you want it? Never mentioned the Outback, but I don't see why he wouldn't offer the same, unless it has a waaaay lower RRP.

:thumbsup:

I'm still half hoping Modelsport/CML want one reviewing ;) - I know drones will be very high up the Xmas charts again this year but a branded, supported RTR under the £150 mark should sell well.

I skipped the Carnage and Bugsta, though had a hooligan for a little while as well as the Vantage and Vantage Pro - both we're good RC's for the £££.  I've really wanted a yeti style RC for awhile but couldn't justify the ££ - so I've high hopes for this.

Hmmm,

MS now have parts listed, and prices are atypical FTX - ie very reasonable.  Two interesting things - motor mount seems NON adjustable - there's multiple mounts listed for different pinions and there's quite a few hop ups - alu chassis plate / CF chassis plate etc.  As an example the stock chassis plate is £8 iirc, the alu one £20 and the CF £28.

Going to have a dig round to find out who else is selling this / whose making it.

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine a few weeks back, the 12th can't come quick enough! :insane:  Ordered the brushed version as I have spare brushless gear sat to one side, saves 90quid anyway :good: It'll be having a GoolRC 3800kv 3660 motor, 120A ESC, 17kg servo (not too sure about the 3kg stock servo??), and will run on either 2 or 3S.