• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Which Nitro?

charlieemc

Well those 2 comments were pretty pointless seeing as he clearly stated he wants a nitro?

Op: it depends what you want mate, if you're looking into buggies then the hyper 7 is a pretty solid choice for your budget, you could go down the second hand route and maybe get something of a higher spec but with the gamble of how it's been treated in the past both car wise and more worryingly; engine wise, and it could et expensive.

1 hour ago, charlieemc said:

Hey people, im going to be buying a second nitro rc, next friday wondering what one i should get, looking into the hyper 7 tq2, i want to spend a maximum of £275, any ideas 

Thanks

With your budget I'd say the Hyper is the top choice and an awesome basher

The tq2 uses turbo plugs Incase you didn't know ;)

13 hours ago, charlieemc said:

Hey people, im going to be buying a second nitro rc, next friday wondering what one i should get, looking into the hyper 7 tq2, i want to spend a maximum of £275, any ideas 

Thanks

No need for second-hand, nitro is still used by the few with a little patience and the intelligence to tune! 

https://www.wirelessmadness.com/hobao-hyper-7-tq2-1-8th-off-road-turbo-mac-28-nitro-buggy-hbm7-tqf28bu?language=en&currency=GBP&gclid=CLbE7LrCp88CFecp0wodz1YL-A:P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
+1 on the used.

Unless you plan on keeping/cherishing it for a long time then buying used is the way to go.

Just like buying a life size car really, nuff said

Thing is, a nitro engine is a lot more high maintenance in terms of looking after it than a 4 stroke car engine.

You don't know what life the nitro engine has lived, it could arrive with next to no compression, a scored barrel, seized, leaking out of every orifice, etc etc, and very easily your bargain nitro off the bay turns into a money pit that you've had to throw another 100 at straight away

3 hours ago, Burridge said:

Thing is, a nitro engine is a lot more high maintenance in terms of looking after it than a 4 stroke car engine.

You don't know what life the nitro engine has lived, it could arrive with next to no compression, a scored barrel, seized, leaking out of every orifice, etc etc, and very easily your bargain nitro off the bay turns into a money pit that you've had to throw another 100 at straight away

Yeah I know what your saying, and it is sometimes the case, no matter what your buying when it's used.

However experience of buying and sell hundreds of nitro and electric models over the last few years hast taught me that if purchasing used RC is done cautiously and correctly, you really can grab a great bargain.

For instance , just last week I purchased a mugen mrx5 WC with alplha +350 engine and a shed load of spares, starter box, futaba 3gr 2.4ghz radio system for a grand total of £75 delivered to my door, and arrived exactly as described, in p.w.o.

so there are genuine bargains to be had

On the flip side , and to demonstrate you are right to air your cautious views, I have also purchased nitro RC that has arrived with seized engine and carb slide, when it was sold as fully working/functional.

In that particular case I took advantage of eBay's buyer protection programme and received a full refund, which to be fair I usually wouldn't, but felt I had been missold the item in question.

So their is some level of protection for items that are not as described at time of sale (on eBay)

P.s as a general rule, most used nitro engines I see on eBay sell for around £20-£50, with higher level/race engines fetching around £40-£70 max

Yeah I know what your saying, and it is sometimes the case, no matter what your buying when it's used.

However experience of buying and sell hundreds of nitro and electric models over the last few years hast taught me that if purchasing used RC is done cautiously and correctly, you really can grab a great bargain.

For instance , just last week I purchased a mugen mrx5 WC with alplha +350 engine and a shed load of spares, starter box, futaba 3gr 2.4ghz radio system for a grand total of £75 delivered to my door, and arrived exactly as described, in p.w.o.

On the flip side , and to demonstrate you are right to air your cautious views, I have also purchased nitro RC that has arrived with seized engine and carb slide, when it was sold as fully working/functional.

In that particular case I took advantage of eBay's buyer protection programme and received a full refund, which to be fair I usually wouldn't, but felt I had been missold the item in question.

So their is some level of protection for items that are not as described at time of sale (on eBay)

P.s as a general rule, most used nitro engines I see on eBay sell for around £20-£50, with higher level/race engines fetching around £40-£70 max

• Like 1