• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

This is stunning!!!!!

evssv

Whilst I admit I expected far more speed and performance ( I obviously don't know if that was anything close to flat out) I couldn't help but giggle like a school girl listening to the noise and watching the thrust video.

What an amazing creation you have made @Arif

That thing is awesome haha! Dare I ask how much a scale jet engine is?

Hey thanks buddy. Indeed not flat-out at all - the grass was freshly cut, & at full throttle it sucks to much of it up & blocks the screen (then flames out). It was prob 1/2 throttle at most, anywhere in that video. 

That's Wren's flagship engine - about £2500 in my day, these days £1800.

Edited by Arif
Accuracy

That was probably the only plantation of that species of herb on the planet, now endangered!!

Joking aside, quite impressive.

Always love the sound of a turbine winding up, and up, and up ....

Is / was that a plastic bumper underneath the exhaust nozzle - no problems with deformed plastic?

Al.

On the melting bumper question - it's a good inch or so below the actual exit aperture, so is normally fine. However, on full throttle it does glow bright-red hot even in daylight, which if the vehicle was static would melt the bumper a bit with radiant heat alone - but if driven there's enough airflow to prevent this. 

On the melting bumper question - it's a good inch or so below the actual exit aperture, so is normally fine. However, on full throttle the nozzle does glow bright-red hot even in daylight, which if the vehicle was static would melt the bumper a bit with radiant heat alone - but if driven there's enough airflow to prevent this. 

Edited by Arif

8 hours ago, Arif said:

On the melting bumper question - it's a good inch or so below the actual exit aperture, so is normally fine. However, on full throttle the nozzle does glow bright-red hot even in daylight, which if the vehicle was static would melt the bumper a bit with radiant heat alone - but if driven there's enough airflow to prevent this. 

I was thinking this.

No alloy option parts?

Would look nice with an insulated, ducted exit through the body, in place as well .... just saying!!

Al.

Well actually a big piece of the puzzle that's missing is proper bodywork. It looks like Batman's Tumbler from behind, and so this is going to be the major cue. However, it's difficult finding anyone with the skills to pull off a decent look and customised to the vehicle itself. I might have to put a feeler out to Pinewood Studios or something!

It will have a 'hump' where the cabin is, because of the height of the fuel tank - but if the thing is elongated and given a snout/overhang, there should be space enough to make the thing look good, rather than awkward and bulbous atop.

Arif

Edited by Arif