• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

So i picked up a cen colossus i think

Draxxus

Came across a cen colossus for sale the other day or so i think or its a a cen gst 7.7 or cen genesis lol checked the manual site and various others and most have a different name for it so any way i happened upon this lil gem few days ago came with lol a 2 can rc handset the owner said he couldent get it to run properly kept goignbackwards and what not so he gave up.

wasnt till i got home i finally realised why he was having trouble

think his main issue was his 2 chan handset as it needs a 3 chan.

but my eyes lit up like a christmas tree once is started looking it over only to discover it had reverse oh my

would upload a pic but for some reason it keeps saying i can only upload 1024kb when the pic is only 754kb

makes no sense.

any how did a bit of cleaning on it but gonna invest in some new fuel piping and a fuel tank seal and lid. Cant wait to see it up and running.

as  im a complete novice at anything nitro related im taking it to a shop to get setup properly and tuned as i still havnt grasped the concept of tuning

just dont understand how i used to tune the engine on my helicopter years ago but for the life of me cant seem to do it on rc cars

oh can anyone tell me why my damned pics wont upload even though they are smaller than the stated limit

cheers

Sounds like you've got yourself a bit of a gem, I think it's Nitroholic on here who had one of those and rated it :P

As far as tuning goes don't take it to a hobby shop for them to do it, there's an abundance of information on this forum as well as videos on YouTube and other guides around the web for you to educate yourself on it aswell as setting up the rest of the truck.

You'll need to tune it again if you use a different fuel and will have to tweak the tune for different weather conditions so it pays to do it yourself

I have had the GST 7.7 version for over 10 years and love it. The difference between the various versions is as follows, Genesis and GST 7.7 both had reverse and the front drive shaft from the transmission to the diff was a plastic telescoping type. the genesis cooling head was usually red, the GST was black. The nemesis version had beefed up drive line parts and the front driveshaft to the diff is just a dog bone also it did not have reverse. the Collusus was basically the same as the nemisis but had a different style body and came with a Savox steering servo as standard. All the models came with Skyion radio gear. 

13 minutes ago, ExLimeyBasher said:

I have had the GST 7.7 version for over 10 years and love it. The difference between the various versions is as follows, Genesis and GST 7.7 both had reverse and the front drive shaft from the transmission to the diff was a plastic telescoping type. the genesis cooling head was usually red, the GST was black. The nemesis version had beefed up drive line parts and the front driveshaft to the diff is just a dog bone also it did not have reverse. the Collusus was basically the same as the nemisis but had a different style body and came with a Savox steering servo as standard. All the models came with Skyion radio gear. 

Good info. 

What about the diffs? Did they vary or all have the same? The diffs from CEN are becoming legendary. 

Yes the diffs are virtually bullet proof, i dont think that they have changed the internals but i know that the outdrives were beefed up for the Nemisis version. All the nitro versions of this truck suffer from Half Tank Lean due to the size of the fuel tank so its difficult to get a good consistant tune, and on the original Genisis and GST versions it was difficult to get it to shift into 3rd gear this has been fixed by using  softer (gold) springs in the 3rd gear clutch, so if you strip down your gearbox make sure it has the new springs fitted or you will be in for a very frustrating time trying to get it to shift. The half tank lean can be minimised by putting a one way valve in the pressure line from exhaust to tank.