• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

CY engine rebuild

SlayerLayer

So i destroyed my flywheel on Monday and i thought as im going to have to change that i might as well rebuild my engine.

20160808_204412_zps1gszdcpu.jpg

But this will be my first 2 stroke engine that i rebuild so i had a few questions, I'll replace all the gaskets, is it worth replacing the 2 bearings and the piston bearing and the 2 seals? Should i also replace the piston ring a link would be good as im not sure which one it is.

Its a 26cc losi cy engine 

Innovative rc is good for engine spares bud.

I use Viton seals as they last longer.

You will need to find out if your engine has a 34X0.7mm or 34x1mm piston ring and definitely replace the wrist pin bearing and piston clips.

Note....zen wrist pin bearings don't fit cy engines l, and vice versa. 

Mark ;)

Pretty much all basic 2 stroke RC engines work the same way so everything that is in this series of videos can equally apply to the 26cc version as well.

You may as well replace the bearings and seals whilst it is open,would almost be silly not to :) 

Edited by losi8igh

Put it this way..If one of the clips come out whilst running your engine is toast.

They're pennies to replace so not worth the risk imo.:thumbsup: