• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya CC-01 parts query?

Derka

I regretfully trimmed/butchered some material off the bottom skid plate and a few other bits to gain some extra front suspension travel and more steering lock.

However, this looks awful and it allows too much steering now, so the dog bones bind up.

I want to replace the trimmed bits with original bits and just run it how it was originally.

I looked in the manual and the parts do not seem to be available individually? It seems I have buy complete part tree's just for one or two bits?

The bits in question are;

• C5
  • D10 x2
  • D11 x2
  • B1
  • B12

I priced up the part trees and it comes to over £40 with postage which is stupid!

Untitled.jpgimage free hosting

That's the unfortunate thing about tamiya....

ideally would have have been better sourcing used parts to butcher.

other alternative is buy upgraded parts.

will be cheap as chips from asiatees..

The Losi DBXL also did similar with some parts :mellow:

My intention is to sell the CC01, but as its only worth £80-£100 anyway so spending £40 to make it saleable is daft.

I could do half a job and just buy CVD's and its usable, just with not so pretty 'trimming' !

Just quickly checked AsiaTees. Over £50 + Postage for those bits in tacky aluminum :(

Edited by Derka

I don't have any of them parts for you, nor can I promise any but I'll see what I can source off some Tamiya heads. Someone out there must have these bits in their spares [emoji106] 

Looks like I might just need C5 now - Thanks

5 minutes ago, Derka said:

That's very kind of you. Send me a PM with your payment details. Thanks

postage is only £2 or £3 so just pm me your address and I'll post them to you FOC :good:it might be Monday though that i post them as im swamp today and are post office's shut at 12pm 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...