• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho axxe.?

Hello. My 3 year old recently managed to break my basher sandstorm in half . I can't get hold of a chassis as they're on back order at HobbyKing. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the kyosho axxe. It looks the part. I know it's brushed, but that can be addressed at a later date. Ta in advance, noFx:D

Cheers mate. I wanna let our 3 year old have a rip as well as myself :)  . I'm making some ALU bits to try to get the front end of my sandstorm to stay on.  It's not going too well :(  . All weird angles & inaccessibility :(  

The ALU bits didn't go well. I think the glues gone off. I glued them in place to drill for screw holes ,started drilling & it all fell apart .  :(  . I'll be ordering the axxe tomorrow from ms. The misses told I'm banned from even talking about another rc this year!!!!!!  At least me & litttle sod'll have something to play with. I really like the realistic desert buggies.  Pity the sandstorm got broken in two. I'll carry on trying to fix it without having to wait months for the 2 parts it needs when I can be bothered.

Parts for the sandstorm take months to get from China. That's why I was trying to fix it with aluminum.  I managed to fix my ftx vipers roll cage with some carbon fibre & aluminum rod. But my misses knocked it off the shelf & snapped the bit that holds the rollcage to the chassis off :( .   Where stocks parts for the axxe in the uk? I've had a quick Google & can't find sod all.

It got here at midday:).  I'm just charging the battery & putting oil in the shocks.   Looks mighty fine. Ive also got a brand new lipo that'll fit it. & it's got the right connector :D

Took it for a run. It does about 20mph. It flops around like a full sized one.  I did the oil shock conversion after dropping it from a foot off the ground. It bounced like a ping-pong ball. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently purchased an axxe and I love it. 1st thing I did was convert it to brushless with new shocks. Only problem I have now is waiting for a new spur as mine is shredded. It's great for a cheap little car.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk