• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Very cheap BL motors - check them out before they go

m1tch_87

2 hours ago, Guns said:

What on gods green are you guys going to use these in? They may be cheap but do you have any wacky ideas for them? Cause even at £3 I think its a waste. Hence why they are for sale so cheap!

Planning to use mine on a 1S car build.

1S use in a pan car is about what they are designed for. Literally anything else - certainly any 2S applications - they are more trouble than they are worth.

The reason they are cheap is because:

1) They are old

2) Nobody wants them.

They are old because they haven't sold, so clearly thats really two lots of nobody wants them.

• Like 1

You do know that the 2.5t version at least was actually only rated for 6V use? It was designed in the pre-lipo days when touring cars used to run 5 cell NiMH. Just running on 2S is stretching it a little!

11 hours ago, Si Coe said:

You do know that the 2.5t version at least was actually only rated for 6V use? It was designed in the pre-lipo days when touring cars used to run 5 cell NiMH. Just running on 2S is stretching it a little!

But at £3 or so it interesting to try them out :D

Also

power-jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-power-dem

Edited by m1tch_87

2D1ED4C2-4589-4E74-A22C-5655D92E1FAD.jpg#

arrived today. 

Just remembered, i also have a 4.5t version of this, its in my vaterra v100 and that goes like stink :003:

026981A1-3100-4B9B-AA9D-5983DDF9E180.jpg

Also - forgot to say, you need a sensored ESC for these to work

Edited by Daveyb84
forgot content

They will work without a sensored esc (or at least the 5.5t and 10.5t versions I've had could) but they will cog like crazy.

I was doing the maths on these motors and I realized that a 12000kv motor on 2s is pushing 100 000 rpms on a fully charged pack at no load. That's the equivalent in rpms of running a 4000kv motor on 6S!!!!

For £3 I was tempted, but these are still crazy, crazy motors......

5 hours ago, Bigjimknickers said:

So these are not suitable for a TT02R then?

shame.:crying:

It will technically work, but will have poor acceleration, a mental top speed and the probably melt everything plastic around it.

i wouldn't put a high KV motor anywhere near a Tamiya non TRF tbh...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, cookie666uk said:

would one of these work well connected to a propeller? not on a plane.... idea for a winter project is brewing...

Out runners rather than in runners are the 'norm' for running props... But hey,movie it a go! ;)