• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

need places to go asap

I need places to take my 1/8 nitro buggy other than flat car parks, is there anybody out there that knows were I can take my new car and drive it like it's meant to be driven . Flat car parks are not cutting the mustard ppl I need dirt and jumps and other like minded ppl but try as I may Google search is not coming up with the goods. Someone please give us a location were I can go bashing with my car.thanks in advance to any replies.

I live in Armley leeds two minutes from the city center and there isn't much like quarries and places like that.theres plenty of playing fields full of dog sh*# and young scallywags but I'm thinking more along the lines of a bmx track further out with a bit of nice scenery or a proper track for rc.i thought there might be someone on here from leeds also, that might know of such a haven and be willing to disclose of such info but it doesn't look likely. My plan was to chuck the car in a bag along with some snap of the picnic variety, round up the kids and the missus and jump on some public transportation to said location and make a day out of it. I'm determined to find a spot but I'll have to trawl Google maps some more, thanks for the replies ppl and that 1/5 looks awesome. ? cheers.

Have you seen the post on here by graxon2001 (leeds bashing places ) he has very kindly listed 7 or 8 postcodes with Google maps all of which are accessible via public transport the list includes 

Peel park fearnvile temple newsom and many more 

• 1 year later...
On 25 May 2016 at 23:24, subatomicdig said:

I live in Armley leeds two minutes from the city center and there isn't much like quarries and places like that.theres plenty of playing fields full of dog sh*# and young scallywags but I'm thinking more along the lines of a bmx track further out with a bit of nice scenery or a proper track for rc.i thought there might be someone on here from leeds also, that might know of such a haven and be willing to disclose of such info but it doesn't look likely. My plan was to chuck the car in a bag along with some snap of the picnic variety, round up the kids and the missus and jump on some public transportation to said location and make a day out of it. I'm determined to find a spot but I'll have to trawl Google maps some more, thanks for the replies ppl and that 1/5 looks awesome. ? cheers.

Im in Bingley but tend to use Hall Park in Horsforth. Theres a place near the car park that looks like several old golf greens which are a hoot for jumping and bashing about although I have read its hit and miss if you get booted out by the warden but I have been there a dozen or so occasions and never had any bother although Im very responsible and if theres too many dog walkers/kids about then I wont run (being a 1/5th Baja 5B SS its just not worth it if something goes pear shaped)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...