• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Select Four 10TR 4WD Brushless Truggy

stretch

15 minutes ago, mond said:

This time last year the Pound was 1.55 USD, today it's 1.31 and trending down. Q1 UK growth was 0.4% and Q2 is expected to be negative, if Q3 is negative, we have a recession. I guess I'm an idiot for actually educating myself rather than sticking my head in the sand. 

Perhaps discuss rather than just immediately resort to insults?

Discussion is pointless when the facts you are using to educate yourself are incorrect...

http://www.ft.com/fastft/2016/07/27/uk-economy-grew-by-0-6-per-cent-in-second-quarter/

I guess we also voted out of the EU in 2008/9 too... I must have had my head in the sand and missed that vote....

Edit. Link may be behind a paywall for some?

Edited by Guns

5 minutes ago, Twist said:

I expect prices to go up eventually... but not by 13% in what was 4 days. That's why I said in that case it was probably a promo.

The pound is definitely slipping but that's mostly due to uncertainty and retailers will use excuses to push prices. Same things happening with camera gear, their increases are shocking though.

The slip is minor in the terms we are talking. I usually go to Las Vegas in the Spring and New York in Sept/Oct. in the real world, for real humans it's hardly changed. I think I was down £50ish on my spending money post Brexit...

Retailers are using it as an excuse, but in the real world it's minor, and people like Mond are blowing everything out of proportion....

8 hours ago, Guns said:

Discussion is pointless when the facts you are using to educate yourself are incorrect...

http://www.ft.com/fastft/2016/07/27/uk-economy-grew-by-0-6-per-cent-in-second-quarter/

I guess we also voted out of the EU in 2008/9 too... I must have had my head in the sand and missed that vote....

Edit. Link may be behind a paywall for some?

It depends which average you use. It hit just under 0.6 in July but wasn't there for the whole quarter. 2009 was a completely different context. It doesn't change the fact the exchange rate is tanking, trade is done in USD.

33 minutes ago, mond said:

It depends which average you use. It hit just under 0.6 in July but wasn't there for the whole quarter. 2009 was a completely different context. It doesn't change the fact the exchange rate is tanking, trade is done in USD.

Just under 0.6 growth for a period is MILES away from Negative.....you're just spouting incorrect facts to fit your narrative. You're on your high horse, giving all this and that about educating yourself and you're not even doing that properly...

The dollar is Peaks and troughs mate. It's nowhere near as much of an issue as you're making out. Since 2007 I've exchanged dollars at 2.01, I've exchanged dollars at 1.26. Brexit uncertainty is only 'responsible' for at its longest, the passed by year....You and others are just using the Brexit as an excuse for everything. It's almost like you drop your coffee in the morning running for the train and that's Brexits fault.... But yea,let's all jump on the bang wagon and make everything worse....

Edited by Guns

3 hours ago, Guns said:

Just under 0.6 growth for a period is MILES away from Negative.....you're just spouting incorrect facts to fit your narrative. You're on your high horse, giving all this and that about educating yourself and you're not even doing that properly...

The dollar is Peaks and troughs mate. It's nowhere near as much of an issue as you're making out. Since 2007 I've exchanged dollars at 2.01, I've exchanged dollars at 1.26. Brexit uncertainty is only 'responsible' for at its longest, the passed by year....You and others are just using the Brexit as an excuse for everything. It's almost like you drop your coffee in the morning running for the train and that's Brexits fault.... But yea,let's all jump on the bang wagon and make everything worse....

I asked you to play nicely, less of the insults too please

• Like 1

Nice review Noj and it's a model I'm still interested in however the price at even £299 is still too high for my liking. So is the drive train completely different to the Amwei? Even if it is they can't get away from the fact that it's a clone with their electrics. Shell chassis shock wheels all look the same.

• Like 1

The drive train is stronger, from diffs through centre drive shaft, to cups and CVDs. 

We stripped the centre diff out to sort it. Although small, it is a metal case, the internal gears feel good in the hand. Only gripe (and bear in mind this is a first issue, ergo later models may have this sorted) is that the spur is fastened to the case with Phillips head screws?? The only four on the entire rig. The spur itself attaches to the centre diff top case with hex hardware? 

Now, one did round out upon disassembly, almost to the point of no return, saved with an EDS screwdriver and some fortune. On examination, seems the screws are too long for the casing....quick check of Perkins spares list and voilà, 2.5mm X 8mm listed, whereas the supplied ones are 11mm....

There was some grease within, not sufficient for the job in hand of course, which may explain the front arm cocking, ballooning behaviour experienced earlier.

So, on Friday when I'll next see Nige, I'll aim to get some footage and comparison shots against the SC......I feel as having done this rig mild injustice, must put that right, innit!

I don't feel you've done it an injustice, my interest has been piqued! Balloon away with those front wheels! 

I'm actually going to service the CD on my Savvy soon with thinner oil for that very purpose! I want comical ballooning! Especially as it'll annoy all those who say "an MT shouldn't have a CD"! :lol:

• Like 1

:lol:

As it stands, it needs taming as a lot of the power is lost, just a touch though....

During testing, it survived a full speed then drop test that the Traxxas didn't.....make of that what you will.

Tis a quandary I tell thee, a quandary!

God, this is my third post in a row where I appear to be defending Traxxas.... Im going to get a reputation arent I? ;)

It sounds and looks very good. But you mention " Helion got, in their words, the 'equivalent Traxxas model' looked at it"

What Traxxas model is equivilant to this? Traxxas dont make a truggy?

They were not more specific than that, a point we discussed between us....and came to no firm conclusion as to which Traxxas model it could have been.

What we take from this is that Helion firmly believe in the quality of their product. In relation to the Four 10 SC, I do believe that for the money, it outclasses the equivalent priced Slash straight out of the box. 

Tug, I don't know what prompted the test. Perhaps this is something manufacturers do as a matter of course, to try and represent a worst case, real life scenario?

28 minutes ago, Freeprawn said:

The thing is an absolute hoot out the box!!

Come to the shop (Call first!!) and have a look and a go.

I'm not saying it's a bargain but it is a fantastic good 2s or 3s basher and worth the money IMO.

Nige.

If its £299 or less in a fortnight ( payday :) ) good chance I'll be ordering one from you