• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Helion Select Four 10TR 4WD Brushless Truggy

stretch

36 minutes ago, albertbeer said:

Do they actually have stock of these yet? Helion's website still says coming soon

Yes. I'd imagine they do. Wheelspin generally shows no stock when they are out. My lhs could've gotten me one last week.

12 hours ago, albertbeer said:

Freeprawnracing and Wheelspin are showing them in stock. Anyone able to confirm?

I'd give both a quick call to make sure and while your on the phone check to see what parts support is like. The last thing you want is a new to the market truck, have a crash and break something to then find out there's no parts for a few more weeks or months .. Wheelspin are showing no spares for this at all at the minute . 

Well made, nice quality plastics, combo looks nice but is it worth 110 quid more than the SC upon which it shares nearly all components? Not in this man's opinion.

Nige's 299 price is very fair but I'm still hesitant....not even I could get discount on that via assisting FP, ergo I'm not having one.

Nige and I both agree Helion have ballsed up with price point on this, and it makes us wonder if this is why the Intrusion never actually landed for retail, another model priced too high against the big hitters?

Disappointing.... at 250-280 sheets this would make an excellent vfm purchase.

49 minutes ago, Noj said:

Well made, nice quality plastics, combo looks nice but is it worth 110 quid more than the SC upon which it shares nearly all components? Not in this man's opinion.

Nige's 299 price is very fair but I'm still hesitant....not even I could get discount on that via assisting FP, ergo I'm not having one.

Nige and I both agree Helion have ballsed up with price point on this, and it makes us wonder if this is why the Intrusion never actually landed for retail, another model priced too high against the big hitters?

Disappointing.... at 250-280 sheets this would make an excellent vfm purchase.

The Intrusion has a pre order price from what I could find of £229, a 2 wheel drive version of the Invictus for £60 more. :blink:

£250 does seem more sensible.

Edited by Twist

22 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Why the sudden increase ? I thought they went down after the first few weeks NOT up :( 

I'm guessing the market would love everyone to believe it's because the pound is weaker against the dollar :rolleyes:

Tbf FP was probably doing an intro offer and it's now over as his price matches everyone else. Can't see Helion selling many at 340 quid, hopefully they change their strategy.

Edited by Twist

The 'market' isn't some self determining entity. GBP is sliding and the UK is rapidly heading into some serious financial deterioration, so expect anything like this to go up in price as most dealings outside the EU are done in USD.

16 hours ago, mond said:

The 'market' isn't some self determining entity. GBP is sliding and the UK is rapidly heading into some serious financial deterioration, so expect anything like this to go up in price as most dealings outside the EU are done in USD.

LMAO! Scaremongering 101 at its finest ladies an gentlemen! What a monumental idiot you are!

17 hours ago, mond said:

Or perhaps its just retailers using it as an excuse to get us to pay more.

In this case the GBP/USD was 1.318 on 1 Aug, at the time of my post on 5 Aug it was 1.316. Pretty sure that doesn't equal a 13% price increase.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stretch said:

Does anyone know if they fixed the driveshaft issues? Mip bits add massive cost. Otherwise looks awesome. 

Edited by Twist

7 minutes ago, mond said:

This time last year the Pound was 1.55 USD, today it's 1.31 and trending down. Q1 UK growth was 0.4% and Q2 is expected to be negative, if Q3 is negative, we have a recession. I guess I'm an idiot for actually educating myself rather than sticking my head in the sand. 

I expect prices to go up eventually... but not by 13% in what was 4 days. That's why I said in that case it was probably a promo.

The pound is definitely slipping but that's mostly due to uncertainty and retailers will use excuses to push prices. Same things happening with camera gear, their increases are shocking though.

Edited by Twist