• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TEAM MAGIC E5 1/10 MONSTER TRUCK

capri-boy

First hinted at a little while ago, solid information is now available for Team Magic’s  new 1/10th scale monster truck, the E5. The E5 is a 4WD brushless powered MT with waterproof electronics as standard and a 3S capable ESC.  Did I mention it's rated for 70+ km/h out of the box?

Other features include-

• 4400kV brushless motor
  • 2.4GHz 3 channel radio
  • Genuine Savox servo
  • Big bore shocks
  • Aluminum motor mount
  • Wheelie bar
  • Dirt/dust filter over ESC
  • LED lights
  • Highly detailed and pre-painted body
  • Fully built and RTR

Car - 1/10 Monster Truck Electric - 4WD - RTR - Brushless - Waterproof - Team Magic E5

Car - 1/10 Monster Truck Electric - 4WD - RTR - Brushless - Waterproof - Team Magic E5

E5_2.jpg

No news on UK pricing or availability as yet, but feel free to form an orderly queue behind me ;)

Source

View full news article

There's no UK supplier or importer .. If you want one your going to have to import it I think there's a place in Germany that deals in Team magic but your need to double check .. Parts supply might be a pain in the backside ? 

I suppose the the real question now is, is it worth the hassle to import one ? 

With the new losi mt 1/10th scale knocking on the door of relaese and both on the side of plastic fantastic which will win ? My guess is most folks will go the losi route as its here or will be on release 

33 minutes ago, TMaxxDave said:

2.7kg truck with a 4400kv motor...... a tad too much KV for my liking, i personally would have preferred to see something under 4000.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

I wonder if the choice was more to do with gently encouraging people to run 2s? 

I wonder if the choice was more to do with gently encouraging people to run 2s? 

Having run 2s through my T-Maxx @ 3750kv and seeing how silly that was im not too sure what they are thinking. Its a quick motor. I just would have thought it may have needed a tiny bit more torque.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 Neo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jumper said:

It is on a German model shop at €399 for brushless and €299 for brushed. Seems quite expensive. 

Well specced 4WD 1:10 MT for about 310 pounds (sorry my kb layout has defaulted to something random!) - actually I don't think that's too horrendous, though it depends on what's included (radio gear? charger? batt's?) - I'd have liked to have seen closer to 250 considering the brand name.  What's the Bullet FLux MT run at now?  300?

15 minutes ago, capri-boy said:

Well specced 4WD 1:10 MT for about 310 pounds (sorry my kb layout has defaulted to something random!) - actually I don't think that's too horrendous, though it depends on what's included (radio gear? charger? batt's?) - I'd have liked to have seen closer to 250 considering the brand name.  What's the Bullet FLux MT run at now?  300?

I suppose it's not too bad if it's a new design that hasn't been done before .  It is rtr.  I was thinking more like £250-£280max.  The bullet flux is pretty bad and the design is really really old and I suppose if this has much better reliability it's good.  The hpi is only expensive because it says hpi on it. :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 22 June 2016 at 14:00, Jumper said:

I suppose it's not too bad if it's a new design that hasn't been done before .  It is rtr.  I was thinking more like £250-£280max.  The bullet flux is pretty bad and the design is really really old and I suppose if this has much better reliability it's good.  The hpi is only expensive because it says hpi on it. :P

The new Losi mt is £310 so like you I'd have thought this to be cheaper.