• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

supersavage's rally 5ive

supersavage

1 hour ago, Carpmart said:

Superb... It looks very well proportioned running around there... Really impressed.. Ive got all the tape and shoe goo and scrim to attack my shells this weekend.

One request please.  can you put up some pics showing the attachment points to teh cage and overall where the cage and body may touch, just so I can get some more pointers as to where to tape etc.

I'll see what I can do. :good:

• Like 1

On 26/05/2016 at 18:19, Carpmart said:

Thanks!

The only pics I managed to get is where the wheels rub the body, there not the best as the silver I used to back the paint was throwing my phones camera off. Did you want me to post them up? 

On 28 May 2016 at 14:21, supersavage said:

The only pics I managed to get is where the wheels rub the body, there not the best as the silver I used to back the paint was throwing my phones camera off. Did you want me to post them up? 

Did you use any additional mounting point or just the two each side and two on the front?  

15 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

Did you use any additional mounting point or just the two each side and two on the front?  

No just the two each side and the two on the front, the only other things that were done is Nige fitted a rear bumper thing for me and I had to make this little bracket thing (see pic) just to get the body to line up properly on my cage.

DSC_0146_zpsqyelhmui.jpg

I do think that it needs some more support for the rear of the body though so it might be worth trying to figure a way to do it. 

10 minutes ago, big gaz said:

Might sound silly but would the mini cage work any better?

It's been considered and discounted I'm afraid Gaz.... Different mounting points of cage to chassis/bumpers so unfortunately won't work...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carpmart said:

It's been considered and discounted I'm afraid Gaz.... Different mounting points of cage to chassis/bumpers so unfortunately won't work...

Would it fit if fitted the mini front and rear bumpers aswell?

Just now, supersavage said:

Would it fit if fitted the mini front and rear bumpers aswell?

I couldn't make it work when I offered it up..... It's been designed by our Canadian friend for the 5T cage, not the Mini

• Like 1

I've removed the Bart as it's going to be sent of to be ceramic coated next week. I also fitted a 20 tooth pinion as I think the Bart produces a fair bit more low end grunt than the Samba did but I'll have to wait until my Bart come back to see what its like. But while the pipes away I can rebuild my shocks as they really need it though I hate doing shocks. 

• 2 weeks later...

My exhaust is at the ceramic coaters and they said it should be back towards the end of next week. It was supposed to go to them last Tuesday but I got the dates wrong and put the 14th instead of the 7th. I've gone for the titanium colour. In the meantime I will have to take a dremel to the rally body as I was having some weird issues with my carb at the weekend and think it might be due to the body not letting enough air into the chassis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...