• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AJ's 5ive T

.AJ.

I ran 200k in the DBXL, but that had booted outdrives and cv joints, greased up with moly they showed little or no wear after 25L's. It's a shame the 5ive doesn't have them as stock

Agreed, although stock out drives and shafts aren't ridiculous money....

I'm dropping oil weight drastically for the rally rebuild, 15/30/5 is the initial plan....8s isn't exactly silly power for the 5ive

I'll probably upgrade to booted stuff in time, but I'll get my monies worth out the stock drivetrain first, spending mega money on Phatdad shafts and cups hasn't got the same appeal as shiny bling bling parts :lol: 

• Like 1

You may find that 100k in the centre is not enough on tarmac..... I did a tarmac bash with my X2 and it kept sending the majority of the power to the front and it was horrible to drive.

So I chucked 300,000k in the centre and it's much better.... I prefer off the line acceleration so well chuffed with how it launches off the mark.

• Like 1

Cheers I'll bare that in mind, I'm planing to gear the crap out of this for ROSSA later in the year, but I'll probably run a damper/locker in the center instead of the diff 

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I'll probably upgrade to booted stuff in time, but I'll get my monies worth out the stock drivetrain first, spending mega money on Phatdad shafts and cups hasn't got the same appeal as shiny bling bling parts :lol: 

They may not have the same appeal as shiny bits but they are worth every penny of their high price tag. :) I only ever ran a pair on the front of my truck as I had bent a couple of front stock drive shafts, never had an issue again with the phatdad ones also the pins that come with them last a very long time compared to the stock ones.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, supersavage said:

They may not have the same appeal as shiny bits but they are worth every penny of their high price tag. :) I only ever ran a pair on the front of my truck as I had bent a couple of front stock drive shafts, never had an issue again with the phatdad ones also the pins that come with them last a very long time compared to the stock ones.

Cool, once the stock stuff wears or breaks I will upgrade it :good:

Yea the Bart is like a Full Mod, I compared the porting to the ESP Race and the Bart has more extreme porting on the exhaust and the transfer ports have been opened up loads, also the Bart has smaller squish than a normal G340, it's 33.8cc according to Mr Bartolone, were as a normal G340 is 34.02cc. It's never been run, but it will be started as soon as the exhaust turns up :good:

Ahh that certainly explains it then, ta, I was just a bit confused, I thought you'd put a 34cc kit on your ESP 32, then kept seeing the Bart mentioned and just wasn't sure :lol:

How did the ESP shift in your DBXL? I don't remember seeing a video of it, although I may well have done.

2 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Tbh I've never really had much issue with them, but their reputation precedes them :lol: 

They dumped my Losi 5ive Mini WRC outside my house while no one was home.

Anyway, while I'm waiting for the exhaust I thought I would fit a couple parts I've had turn up....

Turtle Air Box so I can run a larger Baja style air filter

image_zpswciabpif.jpeg

And a Dynamite servo arm for the T/B servo 

image_zps8iztsq9d.jpeg