• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FID Dragon Hammer, Long Term Testing

hoss

4 hours ago, John_RCModelz said:

Sorry but going from this you saying no matter how I wright something it will be interpreted in different ways so I would be wrong and right at the same time.

You could indeed view things this way.....not a particularly constructive comment though?

Your intimation and (passive aggressive) tone suggest that my feedback has been taken entirely the wrong way.....

Not at all. And passive agressive tone? How did that come from my comment.

If this is how my comments come over maybe I should stick with face to face customer service rather than commenting with text as this is not the type of person that I am. But then this will bring you comment back to interpretating a comment 2 ways.

• Like 1

Relax lol don't want to pay a deposit just wait till its in stock and order. 

Does mmr allow you to get refunded on the kraken ect. If it's to stop people buying afew to just sell on at a higher price good. Altho I would like to see some competition on this model. Why hasn't none of the bigger stores orderd any? I'm sure fid would jump at the chance if wheelspin modelsport ect wanted them. 

• Like 1

WOW

This really is getting beyond silly now :( 

People asked for this option

So the shop put it up there for them :) 

And some from NWRCC have already placed their deposit's ready to secure theirs when they arrive :) 

I'm more than sure this was NOT done to be harsh on ANYONE :) 

And having shopped with RCMZ for many years

I know they'll go above & Beyond to help you with Anything you are likely to require :) 

I think this has been done to give people the ability to secure the model they would like

And not miss out :)

I'm sure any legal wording has been put in as par of the course 

More to stop someone placing an order for item's with little intention to finalize the purchase but to mess about down the line :( 

Which means someone that would actually REALLY like one

May miss out or get messed about :( 

So if anything has been taken as an offence

I'm more than sure that certainly wasn't intended by them :) 

And if ANYONE is unsure

Just pop into the shop, or give them a ring and speak to them in Person :) 

That's got to be much better than reading something on a forum that might be slightly missunderstood :)  

• Like 2

I dont think the deposit is the issue, Its the "None refundable" part.

Makes no difference to the seller if a buyer chooses to back out the seller just sells it on to someone else.

I certainly  wouldn't pay a none refundable deposit unless it was for a one off special order that the seller wouldn't be able to sell on. 

Where as in this instance its a generic RC car that i would think will just be a normal stock item.

In my Business (Double glazing) if i asked for none returnable deposits i wouldn't have any customers plus i have to have insurance to collect deposits anyway  

But as already been said John as a good name with great shop feedback so there really should be no need for the none returnable part at all

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John_RCModelz said:

If it does offend/concerns that much I will remove it Monday. Bit as said I didn't think some wording would do so much.

But my thoughts against many others I'm out numbered so I don't mine taking it off.

Ps ( and before its said I'm not anoyed or upset and I don't mean to come across anyway but helpful and understanding.)

Don't think Anyone could say Fairer than that :) 

And doing that to help ;) 

As John's said, I don't think it was EVER do to be offensive :-) 

Merely protect the buyer & seller from FAKE purchases :( 

But I'm sure this will please Anyone that had Any worry that there was anything untoward in it being done at all :)

And people that want to buy them

Or secure them

Can do so without any neigh Sayers planting any seeds of doubt :) 

Anyone that does get one

Will be EXTREMELY Happy with their truck I'm sure :) 

• Like 1

John - to be clear, I'm more than happy paying a deposit, I've paid one to Jason (Abbots) for a Kraken.  I would have no issue paying you a deposit either, trusted store and I'm sure decent honest people running it (unlike MMR) and I have no problem in this respect whatsoever.  My point was as Rover Man suggests, purely the whole concept of a non refundable deposit..  This is unreasonable and as I've suggested previously, not a friendly way to do business....

2 hours ago, hoss said:

WOW

This really is getting beyond silly now :( 

People asked for this option

So the shop put it up there for them :) 

And some from NWRCC have already placed their deposit's ready to secure theirs when they arrive :) 

I'm more than sure this was NOT done to be harsh on ANYONE :) 

And having shopped with RCMZ for many years

I know they'll go above & Beyond to help you with Anything you are likely to require :) 

I think this has been done to give people the ability to secure the model they would like

And not miss out :)

I'm sure any legal wording has been put in as par of the course 

More to stop someone placing an order for item's with little intention to finalize the purchase but to mess about down the line :( 

Which means someone that would actually REALLY like one

May miss out or get messed about :( 

So if anything has been taken as an offence

I'm more than sure that certainly wasn't intended by them :) 

And if ANYONE is unsure

Just pop into the shop, or give them a ring and speak to them in Person :) 

That's got to be much better than reading something on a forum that might be slightly missunderstood :)  

Its about the unreasonable terms of the deposit.  No one doubts anything to do with the overall integrity of the shop or the staff.  Your defending things which don't need defending here.

40 minutes ago, Carpmart said:

John - to be clear, I'm more than happy paying a deposit, I've paid one to Jason (Abbots) for a Kraken.  I would have no issue paying you a deposit either, trusted store and I'm sure decent honest people running it (unlike MMR) and I have no problem in this respect whatsoever.  My point was as Rover Man suggests, purely the whole concept of a non refundable deposit..  This is unreasonable and as I've suggested previously, not a friendly way to do business....

I do believe that it has now all ready been changed so we can say goodbye to the non refundable, and the word shall not be used no more.

And thankyou all for showing me the errors of my way. ( naughty john).

And Carpmart I expect your deposit by first light Monday ;-)

Edited by John_RCModelz
I can't spell first
  • Like 3

Nice review and write up, appreciate a closer look at this platform, Thankyou :)

Intresting times in the 5th scale market as new platforms emerge and more variety is great.

The losi 5t has proven itself to be the King as racing those for practice sessions, then qualifying sessions, then 30min finals in the brca is a good test as anything else for reliability and performance more than bashing imo, plus let's not forget the big bore motors 46cc plus that can be shoe horned in, albeit on heavily upgraded 5ive's usually.

I so want something 5th scale like this but am personally going to wait to see what transpires as more people review them and reviews of the vekta come in, then decision time, will be blue though lol :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RJJ said:

Nice review and write up, appreciate a closer look at this platform, Thankyou :)

Intresting times in the 5th scale market as new platforms emerge and more variety is great.

The losi 5t has proven itself to be the King as racing those for practice sessions, then qualifying sessions, then 30min finals in the brca is a good test as anything else for reliability and performance more than bashing imo, plus let's not forget the big bore motors 46cc plus that can be shoe horned in, albeit on heavily upgraded 5ive's usually.

I so want something 5th scale like this but am personally going to wait to see what transpires as more people review them and reviews of the vekta come in, then decision time, will be blue though lol :)

Thank you :) 

It has taken some time and effort to get it all done and together :) 

I agree with everything you're saying 

It's nice to see some progressive change in the 5th scale scene :) 

I'm just doing a comparison review of the Dragon Hammer alongside the DBXL which so many seem to think it's a clone of ;) 

You may be shocked to find out that it's a Totally different model in 99.9% of the way ;) 

But photo's and write up to follow soon :) 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, hoss said:

I'm just doing a comparison review of the Dragon Hammer alongside the DBXL which so many seem to think it's a clone of ;) 

You may be shocked to find out that it's a Totally different model in 99.9% of the way ;) 

But photo's and write up to follow soon :) 

Definitly no clone of a dbxl that can be seen from the pics, similar ish proportions yeah.

The new 5th scale losi mt is more of a dbxl thought process than the dragon hammer imo :)

Subscribed for updates matey, and thanks for taking time out to review this, I know taking pics and reviewing and doing a thread on a forum is a time consuming process.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carpmart said:

Why does that not surprise me.... :D 

Looking forward to your build already!!!!

I am a tad predictable matey lol :)

cheers will have to see what I like 1st and hopefully see these in action at bashfest etc 

Been busy with my business and work lately so RC has taken a back seat but I do have a couple of projects that need completing and will post them up, plus I get side tracked with collecting vintage 4wd buggies I always wanted as a kid growing up :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RJJ said:

I am a tad predictable matey lol :)

cheers will have to see what I like 1st and hopefully see these in action at bashfest etc 

Been busy with my business and work lately so RC has taken a back seat but I do have a couple of projects that need completing and will post them up, plus I get side tracked with collecting vintage 4wd buggies I always wanted as a kid growing up :)

I can relate to this chap... Just picked up a 1979 Tamiya Rough Rider, the same as my first proper RC.  Its a fabulous condition survivor... Loving just admiring it at present... :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carpmart said:

I can relate to this chap... Just picked up a 1979 Tamiya Rough Rider, the same as my first proper RC.  Its a fabulous condition survivor... Loving just admiring it at present... :) 

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing matey :) and yep it's good for the soul to just have something that you can display or stare at.

I confess to having quite a serious collection of new in box vintage 4wd buggies, the Yokomo YZ10 series is my favourite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

Nice video, but I'm just not feeling it for the car, far too much aluminium for my taste

:@.@:

if u don't like alloy u won't like this!... 

Its alloytastic!!! :insane:

• Like 2