• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FID Dragon Hammer, Long Term Testing

hoss

Over alloyed to my eyes, makes it look cheap and a bit 'Integy'....as if everything ally had to be thrown at it to make it look good. The red is too bright IMO.

I much prefer the look of the Kraken, more subtle, less showy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Hoss has said in one of the posts above that it comes with the clutch housing as part of the roller package!  

He means the engine side one, ie standard (Baja) or short (5ive and dbxl) 

3 hours ago, Carpmart said:

Hoss has said in one of the posts above that it comes with the clutch housing as part of the roller package!  

What kind of price are you expecting this to come in at, bottom line ready to run, my guesstimate is £1500+ which for me is to rich

3 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

What kind of price are you expecting this to come in at, bottom line ready to run, my guesstimate is £1500+ which for me is to rich

I'm lucky as Ive got the parts I need to get this running, so it's whatever the roller costs plus the price of a pipe for me.

3 hours ago, Noj said:

Over alloyed to my eyes, makes it look cheap and a bit 'Integy'....as if everything ally had to be thrown at it to make it look good. The red is too bright IMO.

I much prefer the look of the Kraken, more subtle, less showy.

Are you serious, So this comes as standard with all the stuff that people like to throw at the 5ive, be it for reliability or looks, And your gonna moan about it, My god, They can't do right for doing wrong.

• Like 3

Just now, babylon said:

Are you serious, So this comes as standard with all the stuff that people like to throw at the 5ive, be it for reliability or looks, And your gonna moan about it, My god, They can't do right for doing wrong.

Won't put me off.  I have to say though that The red isn't my taste at all.  Some red accent pieces, but it does look a little OTT

• Like 1

Just now, Carpmart said:

I'm lucky as Ive got the parts I need to get this running, so it's whatever the roller costs plus the price of a pipe for me.

I would need pipe and engine, I've got the servos and rxtx covered, but until I'm told otherwise by some independent testers like you and Aj I'm sat on the fence, when a model makes a five look cheap it's got to be very very good.

Be fair, some have been throwing red at the 5ive and DBXL , and saying it looks nice, I think it looks good, But thats personal, But to moan that a company is including to much stuff that on any other car is an upgrade, is just silly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babylon said:

Be fair, some have been throwing red at the 5ive and DBXL , and saying it looks nice, I think it looks good, But thats personal, But to moan that a company is including to much stuff that on any other car is an upgrade, is just silly.

I do indeed get your point on the upgrades.  It's a little over done to suit my personal,taste.  I intend to cillit bang it to death. :D 

Just now, babylon said:

Not at all some people prefer some plastic parts rather than all alloy. It's personal taste nothing more. You seem to take everything so personally :/ my opinion is this it's a good looking car but as with noj there is too much alloy but that's because I do like some give and failing points

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sean-vrs said:

I would need pipe and engine, I've got the servos and rxtx covered, but until I'm told otherwise by some independent testers like you and Aj I'm sat on the fence, when a model makes a five look cheap it's got to be very very good.

I get your point completely.  Hope to get one as soon as I've got confirmation on how to order. 

1 minute ago, norcoforever said:

Not at all some people prefer some plastic parts rather than all alloy. It's personal taste nothing more. You seem to take everything so personally :/ my opinion is this it's a good looking car but as with noj there is too much alloy but that's because I do like some give and failing points

I am quoting you as I couldn't say it better myself

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norcoforever said:

I agree with all this too.  Babylon, I 100% get your point about the amount of included upgrade, but you do seem to get a bit wound up on things?  :rolleyes:  Like anyone saying anything even remotely critical concerning an X2... ;) 

3 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

I think red looks tacky, but I have no interesting in buying one, so take no notice of me :lol: 

Duly ignored! LOL

Go and find some more cracking pics for the MSUK Facebook page mate, you're good at that! :) 

• Like 1

So what parts out of the list would you like to see changed from alloy to plastic, The shock mounts, The diffs, That lovely centre diff mount, How about the steering, How about that nice servo arm, Would rather have a plastic one of them.

MCE

• Like 2

The steering primarily. I've been building a five for six months and have purposefully left plastic elements to the steering for added flex and being lighter weight. Racers for example often don't fit alloy chassis braces as they need some flexibility. I hate to tell you but your not always right and your opinion is not the best all and all we are all entitledto our own opinion

Stop reading my thoughts!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, norcoforever said:

The steering primarily. I've been building a five for six months and have purposefully left plastic elements to the steering for added flex and being lighter weight. Racers for example often don't fit alloy chassis braces as they need some flexibility. I hate to tell you but your not always right and your opinion is not the best all and all we are all entitledto our own opinion

Yes, And I have given mine.

I never said I was always right, My knowledge of large scale is pretty small, But here we have a car with a pretty high spec as standard, for a not bad price,  And your moaning about it, MCD or FG sell an all alloy limited edition and it sells out quicker than Adele concert,  But for some reason it's wrong on this occasion

Maybe alloy is not everyone cup of tea, But I would rather have it than not, And if need be downgrade to a plastic part.

You also seem to forget that a very high percentage of people here don't race, Or have even seen a race track, And most of the upgrades that are made, Are made for looks and something to spend your money on, Cos there not really needed most of the time, Most shock mounts are up to the job, So why do we still buy them, The same go's for your chassis braces.

Thats my opinion, It comes with a lot of stuff your average basher and person around here will buy anyway, For a not stupid amount of money, So I'm not gonna moan and shout give me more plastic please, Look at the trouble Traxxas is in.

The steering primarily

Why would you want flex in the steering, The only place I want flex in the steering is the Servo Saver, That's what is for, It's hard enough as it is stopping all the slop you get as it is without asking for it, I want the wheels pointing in the direction I tell them to point, Not any direction they fancy.

Edited by babylon
added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carpmart said:

Like anyone saying anything even remotely critical concerning an X2..

That's cos I paid good money for it and have never made a bad buying decision in my life, Ho, There was that FG Marder.

That's cos I paid good money for it and have never made a bad buying decision in my life, Ho, There was that FG Marder.