• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Taiyo Mini Hopper

Barker

Hey,been a while since i posted...i'm more of a browser!

Mother in law has had a clear out, grabbed quite a few amazing things,found this in a box.

I believe its circa 1986-90

Is this something someone would collect or be interested in?

I've put some batteries in it,but all the happened was the steering twitched and thats it.

Comments etc welcome!!! 

large.IMG_8477.JPG.d6322c009c3f10ea4def5large.IMG_8475.JPG.c948fb62e706cdf904b99large.IMG_8476.JPG.9974c8bbc33ef2aac9f04appreciated

As a kid (1988) I had a red version of this called the Taiyo Jet Hopper. It was a pretty cool little car for it's time and some might say it has become collectible. Might be worth looking here for more info - http://rctoymemories.com/2014/06/08/taiyo-jet-hopper-1986/ or http://rctoymemories.com/2012/05/06/tyco-taiyo-turbo-hopper-1986/

Not sure whether yours is some kind of smaller version though?

Probs not worth much, especially if it's not working. I am impressed it still has the front bumper... these seem to always break. I see an untested one going for 15 quid on ebay.

If it was a Jet Hopper I would have probs made an offer :(

Hopefully an expert will come along later with more/better info :)

Edited by bipbapboo

I had a brand new in the box mini hopper, sold it a couple of years back for about £30 on ebay. I still have another one by Taiyo, same chassis as the mini hoper but a new box, brand new in the box still. As already said the jet hoppers are worth a few quid, the mini, not. I was going to put a mamba mini brushless setup in it, but then though, whats the point!

Edited by Candyman
  • Like 1