• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's Axial Wraith 3 point 0h!

Oh How Original

You'd probably be able to make some then, I think typically LEDs you buy and LEDs in light bars are around 4,000-6,000MCD.

These LEDs are about 18,000 if memory serves.

If I can get some 8mm ones to fit into the spotlights of the SCX10, I think they go up to about 25,000MCD.

That's a fair bit more output over the light bar! Maybe a home made light bar is needed as I like the look of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't know where to begin on explaining what's needed but given your background I'm sure you already know.

I'm still considering getting some 8mm ones and reeming the holes out on the light buckets for the SCX10.

I might even buy a complete new shell (found some with cage and everything in Germany for under 40quid) and do a nice job on it, go with actual lights in the shell and working separately spotlights etc...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had this out today for a spin, motor gave out completely now, I could deal with the cogging when I knew the cause was the sensor wire not being plugged in but I had it running sensored today and it still cogged, the gearing is changed and so are some of the ESC settings for a bit more punch.

A few times it just lost all power, it wouldn't go forwards, backwards or brake and came hurtling down whatever I'd climbed up.

I bought it second hand so I've messaged the seller in hopes of sorting something.

In the mean time does anyone have a working motor I could just borrow for testing?

Or a cheap 1/10 brushless motor I can buy just purely for testing to make sure it is actually the motor and not the ESC?

I'm 99% confident it's the motor because everything on the ESC seems happy, lights are doing the right things, it's not hot etc...

• 2 weeks later...

I decided out of boredom and feeling experimental to give this a run today on a set up I haven't used before.

To my amazement, it ran great for over an hour and the only reason we stopped was we needed the shop on the way back before it closed... Anyway, I had the electrics sat here so decided to give it a try.

I'm running a HobbyWing Quicrun 1060, Axial 27t motor, 2s LiPo (typically ran 3s, which ate motors after minutes) with 87/20 gearing, I may move to an 80t spur just for a little added wheelspeed, it's lacking slightly in reverse, which isn't a big deal but a spur is cheap and should fix it.

But I definitely have some options with regards to gearing as the motor wasn't even warm, I didn't fully test it to it's limit, that will be done at Williamson Park which is a lot harder on the motors than where we went today, but for the moment, it's staying put!

Here's a few pictures, sorry some are a bit bright, they're just taken on my phone.

EDIT; I'll post the pictures when someone finally gets round to fixing this stupid Forum!

Edited by Oh How Original
  • Like 1