• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

jet wash or not?

bmhill

so how do you clean your cars after a wet grassy/muddy run?

been out with the XCR and it was damper than i thought and its covered in grass and mud

i have removed the battery and everything else except the reciever and air filter will be waterproof wont they?

am i ok to gently jet wash the car?

will i then need to get some wd40 on all moving parts?

I do mine in the shower, but mines electric. I just remove the batteries. I keep the receiver in a money bag tied up with a zip tie to keep it dry.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The main thing with getting your car wet aside form the obvious things like electrics are all your bearings. If your not careful they will rust up and seize solid. Make sure you dry and re lube them when your car gets wet and you will be fine. :)

Indeed. I have been washing my trail runners in the shower for years now with no issues. Afterwards I shake most of the water off, let them dry fully in front of the radiator, relube and maybe run an oily rag over some of the metalwork, then they are good to go back on the shelf until next time.

My only concern with a jet wash as opposed to a shower is the force of the water. Might you not be blasting gunk into the bearings?

i got the hose pipe and rinsed it off and then hung it up to dry and then sprayed wd40 all over the metal parts and virtually everywhere so it hung now to let the wd40 drip off

tomorrow i will have another look and wipe it over with my oily gun oil rag

7 minutes ago, alex97 said:

I use to wash mine in the shower, remove the electrics and drive train then wash. It would then go in the airing cupboard to dry, I'd give the screws and spray with muc off to stop them rusting.

Just make sure you clean up after, managed to get side lined a few years ago, should we say the wife was not impressed.