• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

14 minutes ago, Guns said:

@mydoddy69 Would this be suitable to waterproof my Bluebird BLS H50B Servo?

This is what I use 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/corrosionx-liquid-250ml/rc-car-products/383975

take the case off dunk it let it drip dry put it back together and your done 

7 minutes ago, Guns said:

I used google Translate..... still didnt get far...

is that for the front or rear or both?

Good luck,  I got mine to translate, hit the add to cart? buy it now? Site does nothing.

i guess I'm a X-MAXX user now, I stripped the spur on 8s.  Installed the 54t steel spur, installed the Kershaw beveled slipper spring.  

2 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Good luck,  I got mine to translate, hit the add to cart? buy it now? Site does nothing.

i guess I'm a X-MAXX user now, I stripped the spur on 8s.  Installed the 54t steel spur, installed the Kershaw beveled slipper spring.  

Thats as far as i got lol

I got it to transate on my desktop but that's as far I went a few guys on Facebook ordered from there apperantly they have arrived now they come as a set of 2 ring gears and 1 each front and rear pinion for 30 odd bucks ;) 

I haven't ordered any from there myself yet though 

6 minutes ago, Timritchieblue said:

Well atleast I know I'm not stupid now.  My diffs are fine,  but for that price I would order a extra set.  Hopefully Kershaw comes through one day.  

Got my SuperMaxx shock shafts,  guess I'll break the shocks down

Might need you to send me a set of them over if you don't mind as it looks like they don't ship to the UK :( 

3 hours ago, Skinso said:

How do you programme that bec?

There's no programming at all.

Input is variable up to 50V - more than enough for everything other than an electric 1/3 SCT ..... perhaps!

Output voltage is selected by way of placing a 'bridge' over the required output voltage - should be shown in the original link.

Hobbyking YEP 20A HV (2~12S) SBEC w/Selectable Voltage Output

That plastic tab beneath the red wires is the bridge - the pins are what it's bridging depending on the output required.

Here is my installation of one on my X-Maxx - S-BEC mounted to the side of an XL2.

X-8S%20After%2020161030-06_zpsvn9cna4o.j

RED to RED, BLACK to BLACK spliced into and soldered on the battery input wires, then insulated.

Output is a plug into the Rx / Receiver.

NB: You still connect the ESC to the Rx as well BUT you REMOVE the red / power lead from the ESC plug. S-BEC takes over the power duties.

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

I got it to transate on my desktop but that's as far I went a few guys on Facebook ordered from there apperantly they have arrived now they come as a set of 2 ring gears and 1 each front and rear pinion for 30 odd bucks ;) 

I haven't ordered any from there myself yet though 

Any chance of been able to get anymore? Lol

43 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Might need you to send me a set of them over if you don't mind as it looks like they don't ship to the UK :( 

I can, just shoot me a PM

i would be interested in getting some of the diffs, then I could cancel my order with Kershaw

Edited by Timritchieblue
  • Like 1

Traxxas are effectively either shooting themselves in the foot or confirming they believe the 1600 Kv motor will take 8S - or are we now going to see a load of 1600 Kv motors 'venting' the same way many of the 6S ESC's have?

Al.

21 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Traxxas are effectively either shooting themselves in the foot or confirming they believe the 1600 Kv motor will take 8S - or are we now going to see a load of 1600 Kv motors 'venting' the same way many of the 6S ESC's have?

Al.

You don't need to run the 1600kv on 8s to achieve the same speeds as the new anyway but that's not going to stop folks pushing it above and beyond so yeah there will be a few that go bang 

23 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

You don't need to run the 1600kv on 8s to achieve the same speeds as the new anyway but that's not going to stop folks pushing it above and beyond so yeah there will be a few that go bang 

Well looking at the 5682 size Leopards for comparison the 1670 takes 24v & the 1360 takes 29v so the xmaxx stock 4885 size maximum I'd say would be somewhere in the middle of those.

Bang is inevitable on 8s imho.

On 8s I'd get the motor mount kit and go either with the Leopard 5682 1360kv or the more power hungry 5692 1340kv myself. Prob the first one.

Edited by dazp1976

6 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Ill shall fire up the pc tomorrow and have a look for you ;) 

6 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Translated for me. 225 Yuan = £26.30, but UK was listed as 'International Other' for postage.

Al.

6 hours ago, Guns said:

Any chance of been able to get anymore? Lol

Just had me buddy try that site,,, it's dead.  Site does nothing, I thought I was dumb.  Now I can keep thinking.