• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

3 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

That seems about right to me  I don’t push mine Much over 45mph just never found the need if you find it a bit slow just gear it up a touch but keep an eye on those temps 👍

cheers mate - I thought it may be more - performance is just nice punchy and stuff but I was wondering if I see the right type of performance - temps seem fine did plenty of speed runs today and no issues - took it off-road after probably 12 runs to see what I would get out of it

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, adam_bolton said:

It’s a metal one. It replaces the stock plastic one. 376CB8B2-917E-491B-8BD9-BBD878173A5C.jpeg.93df44b76c53f3d224d6ad1299c4903e.jpeg

Does it just bolt to the thin walled plastic bulkheads or the chassis as well like the plastic one it replaced ? 

Hi everyone I have an original Xmaxx that’s been sat in a cupboard for a couple of years. Probably had 20 cycles of batteries through it.

I charged up two sets of batteries yesterday and had an hour in the park.

its not really for me or my son and he would prefer to sell and put money into other things.  It needs a new rear bumper bracket but other than that  it runs great.  

Csn you give me a ball park idea of what it’s worth as a used truck. Comes with  about £50 in spare parts never used lol and a castle fan and some shock covers otherwise it’s completely stock.

Is it best to advertise on here  at a price or stick it on fleabay and let an auction run it’s course. 

Your advice  and a ball park figure would be appreciated many thanks 

Edited by FatWheels

17 hours ago, FatWheels said:

Thanks Guns gives me an idea  I would say mine is in much better condition with loads of spare parts dusty cover etc 

Really depends on condition and version without seeing it you can’t really judge what it’s worth what might be really good donation to you might be a lemon to someone else 

Best thing to do is pop it on eBay and in the sales here with a link to eBay 99p start and see where it goes that way your get the best price rather than haggling with all those that want it for free 😂😂

On 07/05/2020 at 08:29, mydoddy69 said:

18/46 or 20/50 personally I prefer the 18/46 👍👍

did you manually set the mesh without the pins? when I set it to E its way to loose and chews the gears - any recommendation on how you run the 18/46?

9 hours ago, r4nd0m said:

did you manually set the mesh without the pins? when I set it to E its way to loose and chews the gears - any recommendation on how you run the 18/46?

I use the pins with no trouble I don’t bother with the rubbish Traxxas gears though they just aren’t up to the job 

5 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

I use the pins with no trouble I don’t bother with the rubbish Traxxas gears though they just aren’t up to the job 

I use GDS pinion and spur but no chance to get them to mesh correctly - maybe a 19T with the 46T spur would work by the looks of it but the 18 even without the pins no chance - I have thrown in 18/50 for the moment which seems to work fine while I wait for new pinions

Edited by r4nd0m

Savox 2290 inbound tomorrow from WS, excellent service as ever, hopefully this will sort out the steering once and for all, had a Savox 1271 last all of 10 mins at the weekend....

10 hours ago, QRC said:

Savox 2290 inbound tomorrow from WS, excellent service as ever, hopefully this will sort out the steering once and for all, had a Savox 1271 last all of 10 mins at the weekend....

Been using the Traxxas upgraded one now for nearly 2 years without a hiccup, these 1/8th scale servos sadly overheat and die you’d be better of going with a 1/5th  scale servo there was a mount somewhere to get them to fit as well like the 1/8th stuff.  

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Been using the Traxxas upgraded one now for nearly 2 years without a hiccup, these 1/8th scale servos sadly overheat and die you’d be better of going with a 1/5th  scale servo there was a mount somewhere to get them to fit as well like the 1/8th stuff.  

we will see...

5 hours ago, QRC said:

Just order, the back in stock email actually worked for once...😆

https://www.the-border.com/louise-rc-x-cyclone-tyres-for-x-maxx-2-lr-t3298b.html

Be prewarned fella  these are as heavy as a house and have a tendency to snap your axles break your arms and destroy your diff cups like the proline badlands if you bash hard. Fine if your just scooting around the park on a flat field though  👍

18 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Be prewarned fella  these are as heavy as a house and have a tendency to snap your axles break your arms and destroy your diff cups like the proline badlands if you bash hard. Fine if your just scooting around the park on a flat field though  👍

sounds like I had a lucky escape, they didn’t have them anyway, it’s was the Pioneers...

so Power hobbies raptors instead...

Been saving up for an x maxx and wondering about what batteries to get for them? I've seen a few bundles one with the traxxas batteries and another with overlander batteries, the traxxas batteries have a 25c rating and the overlander ones have a 35c rating. I'm going towards the overlander batteries as they are noticeably cheaper and I'm wondering will the C rating be plenty? I've heard online for an x maxx a 50c rating is a lot better. I've got a few nitro and some nimh based cars but this will be my first lipo based car so apologies for not knowing much 

• 3 weeks later...

Doddy I always thought you were talking crap when raving about the xmaxx, I hated the xmaxx for years as all the vids I had seen looked crap with very little bashing and breaking very easy from it, well I've had 1 a few months now and what an RC my favourite for sure, I've tried to break it unsuccessfully. With higher gearing it's fast and agile in the air

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2020 at 20:50, Skinso said:

Doddy I always thought you were talking crap when raving about the xmaxx, I hated the xmaxx for years as all the vids I had seen looked crap with very little bashing and breaking very easy from it, well I've had 1 a few months now and what an RC my favourite for sure, I've tried to break it unsuccessfully. With higher gearing it's fast and agile in the air

Only just seen this post sorry fella 

Love to say it I TOLD YOU SO 😂😂😂

Have to agree it’s my favourite RC of all time 

• 3 weeks later...

Is it worth upgrading stock servo? Just recently increased BEC from 6v to 7.4v, yes it is faster but still struggles I think.  Who knows how long it will last at this greater voltage.

Is the 2085x the safest bet? As it comes with stronger spring.

Seen that there is an adapter for standard size servos, but can they really cope, like jx 46kg servo?